Pillar post screws

-

johnnyusa

Reaction score
There are four lovely flush washer head screws that secure the chrome trim in my convertible. I have two. I can't find any aftermarket that fit and work. I've contacted bone yards and no luck. Anyone have a link? Here's some pictures of the screws and where they go. Thank you.
Trim Screw.jpg
IMG_1626.jpg

see if you can find a trim shop near you or a place that installs convertible tops.

you can get some #8 Phillips with a smaller oval head.. umm #6 I think and a # 10 screw with a # 8 head for those flush type applications. I'm redoing mine and talked to the guy I'm learning trimming from (gonna get a deal on installing my new top.. free is good right?:)) He has a selection of those that I was able to fit to my A pillar.

truthfully OLD ones are better if you can get them since the new # 8's and #10's are slightly smaller than the old ones, somewhere in the .002-.003 range. I will have to slide a piece of wire brush bristle into one of my trim holes to "adjust" the hole size on one of my parts using the newer screws in a well used screw hole since I ran out of the older ones.

Last edited:
see if you can find a trim shop near you or a place that installs convertible tops.

you can get some #8 Phillips with a smaller oval head.. umm #6 I think and a # 10 screw with a # 8 head for those flush type applications. I'm redoing mine and talked to the guy I'm learning trimming from (gonna get a deal on installing my new top.. free is good right?:)) He has a selection of those that I was able to fit to my A pillar.

truthfully OLD ones are better if you can get them since the new # 8's and #10's are slightly smaller than the old ones, somewhere in the .002-.003 range. I will have to slide a piece of wire brush bristle into one of my trim holes to "adjust" the hole size on one of my parts using the newer screws in a well used screw hole since I ran out of the older ones.
Truth abouth the old ones being perfect, I can't figure where two went away. I have tried many and I still want the originals and SOMEONE will find some, they have to. Thanks for the reply.

-
Back