Pin type calipers

-

ronw

Reaction score
I have a set of spindles with the pin type calipers I brought years ago but can't remember what year they are to order rotors and pads. What years did A bodies use them or are they E bodies? I'm thinking I got those to up grade my different cars. Can anyone help to Identify these spindles.

Pin calipers were also used on B body cars.

Pics and measurements would help.

Not for certain on a-bodies. But, they did come on 70-72 e-body. I did use a pair of those on my 69 valiant when I had it.

They are 70-72 B and E bodies. The have a smaller bearing set then the later 73 and newer. The parts are double the price and harder to find then the later style. They were also not used on AAR or T/A cars. The larger bearings were used on those cars when equipped with disc brakes

I think 73 and 74 E bodies also used them along with some later Cordoba and similar sedans. Get the
2 3/4"piston callipers for more squeeze.Standard was 2 5/8" which still works OK

B/E bodies got them, some of the FMJ cars had them as well.

All of the pin type calipers should be 2.75” pistons, only A-bodies got the 2.6” piston calipers.

The pads and pins should be the same for all of the different pin type calipers. The 73/74 B body pin calipers have the brake hose inlet of the bottom of the caliper, that particular layout does not clear on an A-body. If you buy rebuild calipers check to make sure they’re both the same and don’t have the bottom inlet, they’re not really separated according to the inlet layout the way they should be.

My 78 fury has pin calipers. (B body)
As does my son's 72 fury (C body)

My 78 fury has pin calipers. (B body)
As does my son's 72 fury (C body)

Yup. A lot of the B bodies did, they can be used on A’s unless the caliper has the inlet on the very bottom. In which case you can still use the caliper brackets, just not that particular pin caliper.

The C-bodies are weird, as they usually are. Some years used the 2.75” piston pin calipers and those can interchange IIRC. Some of the later C-bodies had 3” pistons and those calipers don’t interchange. Again, IIRC. Not a C-body expert.

-
Back