pinion bearing puller

-

spl440

Everybody's Fool
Reaction score
Can any one help me, looking for Price and availability on a pinion bearing puller for a 8 3/4. Thanks

Thanks for the info. For the price of the tool, looks like I will be just cutting the bearing and replace it.

I got the otc bearing splitter like this one. Amazon product ASIN B0002SR46I
I couldn't get it under the edge of the carrier bearings on my power lock unit though. Ended up cutting the old bearings off.

I talked to Cass at dr diff and he said he uses the same splitter, but sharpened the the edges so they can get up under the bearing edge.

Also, the link i posted shows that unit as being chinese built. The one i bought was listed as usa built and was closer to $100.

I just use a press. You can get one WAY less than 275 AND that bearing separator too.

I just use a harbor freight bearing splitter. As mentioned, I did have to sharpen the edges to slide under the bearings though.

You could always find someone local to you that has a puller and press and pay them a few bucks to do it for you.
I have a shop and can justify the need for the clam shell style puller, it is not for everyone ,but worth the money if you are doing differentials.

-
Back