Pinion Bearings for 742 with Suregrip and 4.30 ring & pinion?

-

Divenut

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Getting every thing ready to attempt my first "chunk" build. So far I have the 742 case, new clutch type Suregrip unit. Timken carrier bearings and races 25590/25520 and soon to order
Richmond 4.30 ring & pinion set from Dr Diff.

Now for my question, anyone know the part numbers/sizes for the front and rear pinion bearings and races? I do like Timken parts but open to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance, and I am absolutely positive I will be hitting my FABO brothers and sisters up for information as I start digging into the project. Boldly going where I have yet to go with my wrench spinning LOL!

Be well,
Pat

Hey folks,

Getting every thing ready to attempt my first "chunk" build. So far I have the 742 case, new clutch type Suregrip unit. Timken carrier bearings and races 25590/25520 and soon to order
Richmond 4.30 ring & pinion set from Dr Diff.

Now for my question, anyone know the part numbers/sizes for the front and rear pinion bearings and races? I do like Timken parts but open to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance, and I am absolutely positive I will be hitting my FABO brothers and sisters up for information as I start digging into the project. Boldly going where I have yet to go with my wrench spinning LOL!

Be well,
Pat
You can look at my homemade stand and yoke holder under tools section-8 3/4 diff stand. Makes the job a whole lot easier.

If you buy or make a set up bearing for the pinion. It makes setting them up much easier.

Thanks SGB, great call. Definitely gonna do that. I'm sure there will be some trial and error so making a set for setup with be helpful. First time doing it myself, so I'm gonna do everything I can to make things easier, and hopefully not F it up lol.

Take care,
Pat

If you can remove the old one without messing it up you can make one out of that one. If not you can buy one. I bought mine. One for the 489,741 and 742.

-
Back