Pinion snubber on an 8-1/4?

-

MB43

Reaction score
I took a peek under my car and noticed something sitting up on top of the front of my 8-1/4... a pinion snubber? I had no idea it was there, and didn't know they were ever made for this rear?

Anybody have an info on that?

Hey Mikel,
Have you tried running it without the snubber yet. If its hitting when you come off the line it may be taking a little et. from you. Most of the articles and people I talk to with SS springs say don't run a snubber.

Jack

Coyote Jack said:
Hey Mikel,
Have you tried running it without the snubber yet. If its hitting when you come off the line it may be taking a little et. from you. Most of the articles and people I talk to with SS springs say don't run a snubber.

Nope. I never even noticed that it was there!

It's pretty far away from the floor, I don't know if it's even making contact when I launch. I'll take a closer look at it this weekend.

The 8 1/4" rear I put in my 68 Barracuda did not have a snubber on it. The one that was on the 7 1/4 I removed fit and is currently on the rear end. In the box of spare parts I got from the PO with the car is the MP adjustable snubber, this fits either the 7 1/4 or the 8 1/4.

my 8 1/4" rear has a stock non adjustable snubber, and it hits the floor HARD even on the street, just have a look at the floor just above the snubber and ju will probably see where it hits the floor ;)

-
Back