Pink 70 340 Duster goes for $62K on Mecum

-
where's that Red X when we need one.....
Here's you a niceun.

DISAGREE.png

where's that Red X when we need one.....
Your not thinking, as I said earlier, the one's that pay outrageous money for those car's have more money than they know what to do with. If that same car was sold on Facebook, craigslist, do you think that it would have brought 62k? I really don't think so.

since when are you the arbitrator of the value of dusters?
I reckon since he has no Mopar at all he figures he's got an "advantage" lookin in from the outside? I don't know. Sounds good anyway. LMAO

since when are you the arbitrator of the value of dusters?
Simple, I follow the market such as Facebook, Craigslist, etc. If the regular guy was the only one's to bid on it it probably wouldn't have sold for such a outrageous amount. Say, if you had bought the car for that do you think that you could resell it for a profit? Most likely not. I found a real nice low mileage 1974 318 duster for 40k, is it still for sale, yes it is

What ever the market will bear. Nova SS's are selling for 80,000, and the Duster is better. It's an A-body!

What ever the market will bear. Nova SS's are selling for 80,000, and the Duster is better. It's an A-body!
The only novas bringing that kind of money are the big block 4 speed car's. I'm not a expert but I do follow the classic car market. Why do you think that graveyard car's has only done a couple of A bodies is because the value isn't there

Your not thinking, as I said earlier, the one's that pay outrageous money for those car's have more money than they know what to do with. If that same car was sold on Facebook, craigslist, do you think that it would have brought 62k? I really don't think so.
I'M always thinking! It's how I got where I am..... go back to silent mode Dan, we could all agree with you then!

Simple, I follow the market such as Facebook, Craigslist, etc. If the regular guy was the only one's to bid on it it probably wouldn't have sold for such a outrageous amount. Say, if you had bought the car for that do you think that you could resell it for a profit? Most likely not. I found a real nice low mileage 1974 318 duster for 40k, is it still for sale, yes it is
1st of all this isn't a regular, run of the mill car. so you need to compare apples to apples. also, there's a reason auction cars bring so much money, they are unique examples of specific models that are "generally" held to higher standards than something joe dickhead on c'list is peddling.

saying that if regular car guys bid on it, that the numbers wouldn't be there is a BS argument. people will always want something different, special and unique-- and if that is what is attractive to them they will pay for it. for example see cheap burbon vs expensive limited run burbon.

the idea of return on investment isn't part of the discussion. yes, some people buy as an investment but many people buy because that's what they want, and nothing more.

i would agree that a low mileage 74 duster would be considered over priced at 40K, but if it's absolutely perfect and that's what somebody wants, then that's the going rate. would i pay that? no, because i don't like 74 dusters. that doesn't mean it's not worth it.

Have you noticed that the prices of some of the older cars has went down? The old saying applies here, what goes up must come down.
some prices have come down, but upper tier cars remain firmly priced. there has been some adjustment for what i personally thought were inflated prices, but it's not like stuff is coming down to 1994 1/2 prices hombre.

It’s so nice seeing the line ‘you are ignoring content from this member’.

Somehow I don’t think I’m missing much.

As for the orignal post, that’s top dollar for an A body but it’s worth whatever the market or buyer is willing to pay! One day it might be $29k while the next day it might be $62k.

It’s so nice seeing the line ‘you are ignoring content from this member’.

Somehow I don’t think I’m missing much.

As for the orignal post, that’s top dollar for an A body but it’s worth whatever the market or buyer is willing to pay! One day it might be $29k while the next day it might be $62k.
when nicely appointed, optioned and restored dusters and demons are going for mid 40's, a high impact color car with desirable power train and popular year 62 doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

Did you get a car yet ?

It might take some time, but you guys have to admit that the duster isn't worth it
Well obviously it was worth it to the guy that bought it.
Get a car, and then members might take you a little more serious. Until then you are just an internet troll.

I seen a duster here locally. That first of all, took first place in the car show at the Mopar nationals this year and I've seen it up in Washington once as well. Just a couple weeks later at a small car show... When I say perfect with a fine-tooth-comb resto-mod... Every nook and cranny, laser straight paint... Modern hemi motor... All adjustable digital electronics under a cover in the passenger side trunk panel..
100% Very tastefully done custom interior....
He bought it brand new back in the day and his son's helped him build it and I'm positive he has over 62K in it And I doubt that would get it from him...

-
Back