Pinks All Out Coming Back

-
Yes I get MAV. I've caught a few there but not many that I cared for. Need to look again as it's been a while. Thanks for the info Bruce

LOL, yeah some of them aren't so good, but I watch Gearz, My Classic Car, and there is another one that I can't remember the name of that's not bad. At least it's "something".

Haha it was funny when he dumped his brothers' bike showing off! I do like the show but I think many of those guys have crazy fast cars and dial them down so they're able to be competitive in whatever class they wind up in.

LOL, yeah some of them aren't so good, but I watch Gearz, My Classic Car, and there is another one that I can't remember the name of that's not bad. At least it's "something".

Yeah those are the ones I catch too.

I just checked, "Channel Not Available", what's up wit dat?

Does it even show up on yours? I skips right over 281 here.

http://www.directv.com/tv

Type in the show Wheeler Dealers

(Its the show that came to my mind the fastest) That show airs on the Velocity channel.

Or you can go to menu (direct tv box) and do a network/channel search for velocity.

This is strange. It shows the package I have (choice) should have Velocity but my box skips right over 281. Tried reloading it and it did the same. Gonna have to call Directv and see what's up. Thanks for bringing this up. I would have never known otherwise

I have a friend who participated in the big horsepower event. He had the Vega I the video. He has since built a whole new pro mod chassis to handle the motor. The Vega could only be launched from idle so it wasn't near what this new car is. I'd like to see him try again with the new setup, although it's kind of hard to compete with guys who have about 2500 hp!

PINKS All Out: Big Horsepower: [ame]http://youtu.be/IXvNyB_7cA4[/ame]

I raced in Pinks All Out @ Maple Grove Raceway back in 2007 and we had a blast!! Biggest car turnout I had seen at a track in long time.

Rich is Mopar Guy and he asked me and my Buddy with Duster to do burnouts together that they might use it on TV, so we did. It never made TV

Attachments

• 72407 pics 001.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 162
I am glad it is coming back, just hope they make it easier to race, then it was.
I sat on the computer new years eve for 1 am to hit for a spot to race @ Raceway Park NJ and could not get one

Well if they come back to Sonoma ,I am routing for Lisa....

I'm happy its coming back! I always liked the show. It brings grass roots drag racers out in he forefront. I hope to attend with my car some day.

Cley

I liked pinks when you lost, you lost your ride as well.

It was cool at first when it was actual people racing their cars,

But when it went to shops building cars to compete with other shops and cutting every cost corner to build it then the show was done to me.

I don't wanna watch two shops looking for free advertisement of their shops and coming to race with a 2k car that runs 15's down hill and most of the times can't make it thru without catastrophic failure:axe:

This is strange. It shows the package I have (choice) should have Velocity but my box skips right over 281. Tried reloading it and it did the same. Gonna have to call Directv and see what's up. Thanks for bringing this up. I would have never known otherwise

It's offered in HD only, if you don't have the High Def receiver and pay the extra 10 bucks a month, you no get.

I just switched mine, got the HD free for one year, free installation and no equipment charge!

By Friday morning I WILL have Velocity channel. :D

here the speed channel changed to fox sports. same channel. but it seems all the shows from speed are on velocity now.

It's offered in HD only, if you don't have the High Def receiver and pay the extra 10 bucks a month, you no get.

I just switched mine, got the HD free for one year, free installation and no equipment charge!

By Friday morning I WILL have Velocity channel. :D

Velocity is what watch vast majority of the time. Also when you get the channel do check out Wheeler Dealers, Ed China is a really cool guy!

here the speed channel changed to fox sports. same channel. but it seems all the shows from speed are on velocity now.

Velocity picked up a bunch of the shows but MAVTV picked up the rest but also plays movies.
That said I just wanna know which channel the 24 hours of Le Mans will be aired on.

I agree with most of the opinions here - Rich left something to be desired as the host of the show, but what the show did for grass roots drag racing was incredible. My brother (68 Dart 440) and myself (75 Dart Sport 408 4 speed) where the only people from our area (Okanagan valley) who got into pinks all out Seattle. It was an absolute blast, the turn out was incredible and it felt like we were part of a national event. At one point my brother and I were lined up against each other, what a rush. Glad to see the show coming back!

Attachments

• pinks launch_0001.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 127
  • pinks all out.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 125
Thats my wife in the pink, we met the camera crew, Rich and his Brother at the hotel. They let her up on the starting line!

Neither one of us made it through, but we did get to run each other (I chased him down but he beat me), I got to run and beat a hot viper, and ran my best ever (100% streetcar) of 11.9. I was on TV running the viper for a few seconds, they didn't show me kicking his *** though...

Glads to hear it's coming back. My daughters and I went to the RT66 (Joliet IL) event and had a blast! Morning through evening...great time cool cars!

Sounds like they are planning to make the show at the track better.The TV show was great but as a spectator at the track there was too much down time for TV stuff which made for a bad experience.

-
Back