Pirate Jack SBP manual disc brake kit

-

Sone

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.
I just installed a Pirate Jack SBP kit on my 66 Dart and now I can’t get it aligned properly, seems like the stock tie rod doesn’t let me set the correct “toe” alignment. Has anyone experienced the same problem ? Are 73 and up outer/sleeve/inner the parts I have to use to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

what's the length of your tie rod sleeves?

depending on the components of the kit, the knuckle/ball joint might be moved out and you need longer sleeves to get there.

purchase carefully, i've seen stuff all over the map from 6.75" to 8.25" for the 9/16" TRE

depending on the components of the kit, the knuckle/ball joint might be moved out and you need longer sleeves to get there.

purchase carefully, i've seen stuff all over the map from 6.75" to 8.25" for the 9/16" TRE
Ok, I didn’t know that. I ll measure it tomorrow morning and see if I need a different length sleeve. I rebuilt my front end prior to the install.Now I’m thinking If the 66 lower ball joint works with the kit since it is base on the oem 73 + disc brake setup

You were right. I put new sleeves and problem solved! Thanks for the advise

-
Back