pistol grip shifter

-

arh

Reaction score
do i have to use the b body pistol grip for a console car if i want to use one in my 73 duster with a console? they are twice as much as the non console shifter.

I don't think so.someone has posted an A body Dart with a short handle pistol grip shifter in a console.I am installing a long B body one in my Dart but not with a console.I am worried that it is going to stick up pretty high.Should know in the next month or two.As soon as the new engine comes back from the shop it all goes in the car then I can see what it is really going to look like.If needed I will engineer some modifications to get it tto fit to my liking.

Bobby

arh said:
do i have to use the b body pistol grip for a console car if i want to use one in my 73 duster with a console? they are twice as much as the non console shifter.

You might find a bit of good info in this thread I start in the earlycuda section.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=14755

My experirience is that it is tough to get any "non-standard" shifter to fit in a console since the shifter has to be pretty much spot in the middle to shift through all gears. Since non of the Hurst remanufactured shifters are made for the a-body console, they all will have problems. With a non-console it's not as a big deal since you don't have a small opening in the console to deal with. As the above thread mentions, you might think about buying one of the custom A-body units from:www.harmsauto.com. Or do what I did and build a custom bracket for the cheap b-body non-console.

I got an "A" body hurst from gunslinger and made my side extention for use with a console works fine. Have picture but needs downsized.

Here's my pistol grip and console. Had an e body handle first. almost hit dash ,this one works just right.Gunslinger made this for A bodies.

Picture 247.jpg

-
Back