Pistol Grip with 727 TF

-

3yearcuda

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Shift R Gate from Duncan Motorsports with a stock/original Hurst Pistol Grip and arm? I think unless you buy Duncan Motorsports Shift R Arm ($150) and thier Grip ($95), it will take some work to modify a stock/original Pistol Grip shifter arm to work.
I have the stock Pistol Grip and arm from a 74 Cuda and have the Shift R Gate on the way but wasnt looking to reinvent the wheel if someone has done this modification before and may be willing to share thier tricks. Thanks.

I thought the shifer-gate is for automatics? Aren't stock/original pistol grip shifters only used on manual transmissions? I'm confused???

Seems i'm the one confused. I thought that the shift r gate did all the work, but reading and understanding further i see that you still have to get that motion downward to engage the next gear. So, for the shift r gate, you really need to purchase the shift r arm too? Bugger....I was hoping to make my pistol grip shifter work instead of having to buy thiers.

Hoping to make my pistol grip shifter work with the Shift R Gate and my automatic 727 tranny, that is.

-
Back