-
Status
Not open for further replies.

QWKSLVR

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hi. My brother brought his 340 to the machine shop and found out today it needs to bored out. Looking for a set of 1968-71 stock compression forged pistons 30 oversize. Prefer new but will look at good used. Please reply to him as I am leaving for vacation for 10 days. His e-mail is banshee @ rogers.com Thanks Bobby

The pistons available today are so much better than stock stuff from 68, why go that route?

You can get forged pistons that are lighter, more thermally stable and stronger than the stock stuff. Or, you could save some money and go hypereutectic and have a piston that is nearly as strong as the stock forged, is even more thremally stable and will wear better than even todays forged.

The pistons available today are so much better than stock stuff from 68, why go that route?

You can get forged pistons that are lighter, more thermally stable and stronger than the stock stuff. Or, you could save some money and go hypereutectic and have a piston that is nearly as strong as the stock forged, is even more thremally stable and will wear better than even todays forged.

I agree
I run the hypereutectic keith blacks 4 years now.nice pistons 8)

Hi. I talked to my brother today and he now wants only new pistons. dgc333 when I said stock I meant stock compression not nos He will be checking with Keith Black, Egge and the Summit site also for some options. Got to go now plane leaves at 6:00 a.m. Got a foot of snow yesterday hope it's warm and sunny in Florida. Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back