Pita spindle nut!

-
I have that same 01, 4x4.
When I did the hubs I just pulled the entire axle assembly out (hub still attached) and brought it into the corner shop and had them spin that nut off. Also a socket wedged between the u joint and the spindle, and then a turn of the power steering pops that hub right out. Sadly I've seen people beat that hub off when there is no need to.
Be careful of that passenger inner axle seal. I had the worst time replacing that after it failed.

Good luck!
Yea that axle seal is a b!$#h! I got it yesterday.

Update!! Finally found my impact!! It was under my bags of sand blast media! Go figure. The impact and alot of heat got the job done I'm back in business now!

20200321_131025.jpg

I'm no professional but I dont think that's what needle bearings are supposed to look like lol

20200321_133555.jpg

New hub u joints ball joints coil and shock are in! Looking good for 20 year old truck with 280k

20200321_140107.jpg

Got her back together took it up the road for a short test seems to be good I'm most definitely gonna have to get an alignment. And also most definitely gonna have to replace the leafs eventually this thing is setting like a Carolina squat now :rolleyes:. I'm almost certain those wore out coils and shocks is what was giving me so much trouble with my hubs and joints. This thing dont give no where close to what it use too.

20200321_161520.jpg

20200321_155938.jpg

20200321_161510.jpg

20200321_160006.jpg

Just like me, I have the right tool but I just can't find it! At least it didn't cost you any more money.

Just like me, I have the right tool but I just can't find it! At least it didn't cost you any more money.
Yea it never fails I will looks and look for a particular tool and never find it but then a couple days later I open my tool box to look for something else and the one I needed a few days ago is laying right there on top. :BangHead:
I need a better system hopefully soon I will have s garage and can have all my tools organized on peg boards and tool boxes.

The problem is you need so many different tools to get a job done and sometimes the next job calls for a new tool. Of course the change to metric didn't help.

-
Back