pivot bracket mounting

-

Uncle Bob

Shiny paint causes stress.
Reaction score
I've got a 3515734 bellhousing and a Brewer's BSB734 bracket to go in a 71 Duster. With the bracket on the engine, does the ball go toward the front of the car or the back?

E-bay photos - toward the front:

1710710992301.png

toward the rear
1710711028477.png

Based on those photos I'm betting it's toward the front because that bracket doesn't like look it's ever been removed, but it's not the same bracket I've got either, so I thought it best to ask. Once I know which side of the bolts the ball goes I can figure out which way to turn the bracket.

Thanks,

It looks like the bolts on the bracket in first pic. are different from each other, not likely from the factory. You can easily find out how the shaft lines up when you bolt the bell housing to the engine. It should be as straight across as possible, but as mopar head said, it SHOULD face forward.

It looks like the bolts on the bracket in first pic. are different from each other, not likely from the factory. You can easily find out how the shaft lines up when you bolt the bell housing to the engine. It should be as straight across as possible, but as mopar head said, it SHOULD face forward.
Thanks. If forward is where it should be, it will be OK. There are inches between the two positions so if it doesn't fit that way I've got much bigger problems.

FWIW I'm just trying to put as many parts on it as I can while the k-frame is out of the car.

Thanks. If forward is where it should be, it will be OK. There are inches between the two positions so if it doesn't fit that way I've got much bigger problems.

FWIW I'm just trying to put as many parts on it as I can while the k-frame is out of the car.
Understood.

-
Back