Not open for further replies.

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all, here's the deal. 18 months of living seperately and paying dual bills has finally caught up with me. This is extremely difficult to do, and Im hoping that Im able to work some magic and keep it, BUT for now Dads 67 "S" cuda is up for sale, it is a pkg deal only. 67 Cuda and my 2001 F150. The only way I will split them up is if the F150 sells 1st, then I may keep the cuda.
This is extremely difficult so no lowball offers please.
Here's the info on the truck, I already have it listed here for sale. Check this link and I am open to offers on it

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=292839

Now for Dads cuda, I was lucky enough to be able to work together on this with my Dad and my Uncle. Dad n I took it to Moparfest 2012 and Dad was to ill to go in 2013. Dad passed away early 2014 and I BOUGHT the car from his estate. Lori and I brought it to Moparfest in 2014

The car is a Formula "S" 273 fastback California car. 273/904 with 8 3/4. 904 and 8 3/4 are original. The original block is in my garage and goes with it. The engine currently is a correct date coded 273 4 bbl with new 1405 Edelbrock carb. It left the factory with bucket seats with headrests, console, am/fm radio, tinted windows, front disc brakes, tach, rocker moulding, wheel lip moulding, pwr steering, rear defrost, remote drivers side mirror and pass side mirror. The paint is the original color(poly gold I think) and is the 1st coat since the factory.

This year alone I put 5000 miles on it and it performed flawlessly. It is not perfect, but pretty darned close. Some of you have seen it at Moparfest and can attest to what it is. There is piles and piles of orig documents/invoices as well as ones from the resto. Enough to choke a horse.

The cuda is currently in secure storage(5 hours from me) and can stay there until cruising season starts again. I may help with shipping. Sorry I only have a cell phone that is good for Canada, so I can only speak to US members if they are interested when I get home to a landline. But I can email etc.

$20k for both truck and cuda. Again I will not split them up unless the truck sells first.

Here is a link to the resto thread

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=178255

I will be posting lots more stuff for sale, so chk the for sale forum.

Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• dads cuda mfest 2012.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 2,248
  • DSCF7522 (Medium).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,227
  • DSCF7528 (Medium).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 2,218
  • DSCF7923 (Medium).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 2,233
  • fendertag.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 2,207
Sorry to hear this! Hope some how this works out for you!
Beautiful car! Wish my garage wasn't so full I would help you out...with the option to buy back some day should I choose to sell or you want it back! Darn!!!

Thanks Mark, Im definitely hoping for a buy back option...appreciate the kind words.

...............Dam, Steve I'm very sorry it has come to this, I feel 2 u buddy.......hopefully it all works out 4 u..................kim......

Thanks Kim, Lori and I have tried to endure for 18 months...hope some of the other stuff on here sells before the cuda does LOL

Hmmmm? Sorry to hear about your situation, but as you can see I happen to be looking for a clean 67-69 Barracuda 'vert or fastback. Can anyone tell me how cross-border sales work? I haven't "imported" anything from Canada. I do know that the last time I shipped a part to Canada the shipping was outrageously expensive - probably why some guys have it shipped to an address near the border and then drive it across themselves. Enlighten me as to how cross-border sales work if you can. Thanks!

Hmmmm? Sorry to hear about your situation, but as you can see I happen to be looking for a clean 67-69 Barracuda 'vert or fastback. Can anyone tell me how cross-border sales work? I haven't "imported" anything from Canada. I do know that the last time I shipped a part to Canada the shipping was outrageously expensive - probably why some guys have it shipped to an address near the border and then drive it across themselves. Enlighten me as to how cross-border sales work if you can. Thanks!

Not sure how it works going from Canada to US, but I have brought a few back from the US and it is pretty much effortless. Just a matter of getting paperwork in order is all. You should get in touch with US customs.
This is clean clean too.

So sorry to hear of your problems , Steve . Enjoyed meeting you and Lori for our manual / cash swap last Sept. and i can say that is one fine fish . All the best and good luck . Bob

Hey Bob Lori and I enjoyed our short visit with you and your.wife as.well. if we had more time you coulda.drove.the.fish and I woulda taken your Harley for.a.spin!
Thanks for the kind words.

Steve, man, that sucks to read...I hope it all works out, and the Fword moves on, and the Barracuda stays.
Hope for the best for you....

Thanks Andrew, Im hoping it works out too, but I know Dad would and did what was right for his family and our future.

sorry too hear about your loss my condolences...where are you in ontario ...Dan

Thanks Dan, Im living in Sarnia, but the Cuda is back home in storage near Peterborough.

Im going to have to dig up some more photos of it. If you click on the resto thread I started there are lots of pics in there, plus here's a couple videos...sorry shitty camera so the sound sucks.

[ame="http://youtu.be/w1VDSg9v6og"]http://youtu.be/w1VDSg9v6og[/ame]

[ame="http://youtu.be/Di0YA-VGgUY"]http://youtu.be/Di0YA-VGgUY[/ame]

Thanks guys, Im working on trying to keep it...trying to sell what I can to get bills down.

Probably never come to Maine? Im in the market for a cheap truck Part/dump runner

No, sorry. Come up it aint that far and you will get a good deal and we can put you up for the night.

Hey Steve, man I hope you can keep her. What a beautiful car but the sentimental stuff has to be the killer. Too bad I have so damned much money tied up in project cars and parts. That is a really really nice car. Good luck buddy.

Hey Steve, thanks bud! I wish I had pics of the interior and underneath, its like new.
Dad even got the buildsheet with it. About the only piece of paper missing with this car is the Dealer Invoice.
You get yer new toy yet??

Steve,

Everyone is rooting for you to find a way to keep the car ... myself included. Almost feel guilty inquiring about it being that it was your Pop's car. But I've been in a similar situation myself years ago where I had to make the difficult decision to reluctantly sell off all of my Mopars. But sometimes you just got to do what you got to do for the greater good.

Anyway, back to the car, reading your build thread it looks like you bought the car from Jim ("Sprecks") here in the States right? So is the car a U.S. spec car that was originally sold new in the States? Apparently it makes some kind of a big difference to U.S. Customs if it was originally sold new in the States vs sold new in Canada. And I assume you still have all of the paperwork from when you brought it across the border into Canada. Let me know. Thanks!

Steve,

Everyone is rooting for you to find a way to keep the car ... myself included. Almost feel guilty inquiring about it being that it was your Pop's car. But I've been in a similar situation myself years ago where I had to make the difficult decision to reluctantly sell off all of my Mopars. But sometimes you just got to do what you got to do for the greater good.

Anyway, back to the car, reading your build thread it looks like you bought the car from Jim ("Sprecks") here in the States right? So is the car a U.S. spec car that was originally sold new in the States? Apparently it makes some kind of a big difference to U.S. Customs if it was originally sold new in the States vs sold new in Canada. And I assume you still have all of the paperwork from when you brought it across the border into Canada. Let me know. Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words Tom, and sorry to hear you were in a similar situation, aint a lotta fun and a buttload of strain on the relationship. Im obviously hoping that circumstances change. Ive applied for a lateral transfer with work. I was leary as probation is 9 months and Im only 4 months in....Boss understood, so thats cool. Sucks as we just lost an operator on Monday to a different location, so that puts a strain on them as well. Sucks as there is no definite time when I can transfer. Just submit a "list" and wait.

Anyway enough babblin, yes Dad bought the car from Jim.Jims brother Jay did the paint and body and I believe Jim did the rest. The documentation is as much as I have ever seen, it is just missing the dealer invoice/window sticker. Im not sure about what would be needed for the car to go back to the US?? All I know is what is required for us to bring it up here. This I can say, the US side was AMAZING!! The "Homeland" NOT SO MUCH!! Held up at Canada Customs for 6 hours, had to empty our pockets and they went to town on the truck/trailer and cuda. They emptied/flattened one of the tires on the trailer....no hole, but pushed the valve stem in. F'ers!!:finga:

Dad spent some good $$ and we put a lot of time together on it. Good times, but quite a bit of time. It gets thumbs up everywhere and from all types of car/bike owners. It helps when the color and the Cragars are a perfect match too.

Thanks Tom
Steve

The documentation is as much as I have ever seen, it is just missing the dealer invoice/window sticker. Im not sure about what would be needed for the car to go back to the US??

I have been researching the Customs website (kind of unsuccessfully) and it is easy to get mirred down and lost there! But it seems the key is IF you have sufficient documentation that proves the car was manufactured more than 25 years ago it is exempt from having to meet the DOT/NHSTA and EPA requirements. I don't know what exactly they consider "sufficient documentation"? Model year on a title? Or a title from at least 25 years ago? Build Sheet (does a 1967 Build Sheet actually show the build date in plain language?)? Dealer invoice? I don't know. I'll try and find out more about this and let you know.

I have been researching the Customs website (kind of unsuccessfully) and it is easy to get mirred down and lost there! But it seems the key is IF you have sufficient documentation that proves the car was manufactured more than 25 years ago it is exempt from having to meet the DOT/NHSTA and EPA requirements. I don't know what exactly they consider "sufficient documentation"? Model year on a title? Or a title from at least 25 years ago? Build Sheet (does a 1967 Build Sheet actually show the build date in plain language?)? Dealer invoice? I don't know. I'll try and find out more about this and let you know.

Your customs website sounds like Canada's...LOL. Most of my research was done online, but I made LOTS of phone calls to US Customs and Canada Customs, brokers(none of which I used). Spoke to the actual Port where I was crossing, got their fax #, faxed a copy of title, my name phone number, when I was crossing etc etc. Never a problem....well except for what I mentioned earlier from our Clowns....
The CO title was more than enough for Dad to hand over to Canada Customs and to the Licensing Dept to get a Ontario Ownership, which I have now. Wish I had more pics, I had tons on my external hard drive, but it crashed! I do have some more at home Im pretty sure, but if you chk the build thread there is quite a few in there.

Thanks
Steve

Steve, I really wish I had the money just to give you so that you can get back on your feet. I hate seeing situations like this, I hope that life turns around for you and you can keep your dads car. The best I can do is hope the best for you!

Steve, I really wish I had the money just to give you so that you can get back on your feet. I hate seeing situations like this, I hope that life turns around for you and you can keep your dads car. The best I can do is hope the best for you!

Thanks for the kind words Ramie, getting thru Christmas will be the test LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back