Placement of Demon insignia on fender?

-

2 Darts

A-body Addicted
Reaction score
I am planning to put new insignia on a 72 Demon with tape stripes. The problem is that neither the parts manual nor the body repair manual are adequately specific about where it goes. There aren't many Demons, let alone those with decal insignia, appearing on the show field in this part of the world. The last show I went to, I got lucky and snapped a photo of a Demon metal logo in what I believe is the correct location on the right front fender. Unfortunately, I did not have a way to measure the placement of the insignia.

I would appreciate an accurate measurement from the base to the tip of the middle tine of the pitchfork. I'm looking for outer chrome edge to outer chrome edge, accurate to 1/32". (Dimension z on the attached photo)

Using geometry, I can determine dimensions x and y allowing me to properly place the decal. In advance, thanks for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• 3008-084232 small diagram.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 151
I can help with measurements tomorrow if needed. My 72 has emblems on the original fenders....

Are you using the Demon decals instead...just wondering??

Are you using the Demon decals instead...just wondering??
Yes. This build is going to be a tape stripe car which did not have the metal emblems.

No rush needed. Thanks.

P.S. I forgot to load the photo and diagram. Have since corrected my oversight.

Being old is not too bad, getting old is not for sissies.

See if these pics help you. It was tough to capture the body line because of the black reflection....:)

Attachments

• IMG_9526.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_9533.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_9522.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 117
See if these pics help you. It was tough to capture the body line because of the black reflection....:)
Thanks. What I really want is dimension Z through the pitchfork, top to bottom, chrome-to-chrome. Hook your tape measure on the highest point on the pitchfork and go straight down to the chrome tip of the center tine.

Let's try 1.675 +/- .05...chrome to chrome on the emblem. Didn't see the red line going thru the top of the pitchfork until you mentioned it in your last post....

I hate geometry!! :)

Let's try 1.675 +/- .05...chrome to chrome on the emblem. Didn't see the red line going thru the top of the pitchfork until you mentioned it in your last post....

I hate geometry!! :)

Great paint on your 340 BTW.

Thanks for re-measuring for me. I feel comfortable with the resulting calculations for placement of the decals. Mission accomplished.

X=1.675" (The height of the pitchfork)
Y=5.025"

The emblem is level.

-
Back