Plan of attack.

-

Evan Dutch

Reaction score
Now that I've had the electrical work done to use my welder on 220v, I plan to start working on my dart again. I'm not sure how to go about it though. This is a list of stuff that I'd like to address and in the order i feel it should be done in:

1. Weld in rear floor pans as well as full front floor pan ( trunk pan has rust but nothing too bad, also small rust holes on sail panels and around front and rear glass, going to address those later seeing how they are not structural).

2. After floor pans are welded in, replace factory k member with qa1 tubular piece, also rebuild steering and front suspension (keeping in mind that this will be a manual steering manual disc brake bbp car).

3. Then have my c body 8.75 reduced to fit a body. Set the 8.75 up for disc brakes as well.

4. Drop in an 80s 360 I've got. (Do what is necessary to get it running/ driving).

5. Remove dash frame, prep and powder coat. Redo dash with new gauge cluster and gauges. Put some seats in. Setup manual valve body shifter.

6. Drive the car and fix they rest as I go. I'd really like to drive the car that way it doesn't sit while I attempt to fix every little imperfection.

Let me know what you guys think, and if I'm missing something.

Thanks.

I would take care of the rust around the front and rear glass before putting an interior in it. If you have to remove the glass to address the rust, you wont be taking the car apart and off the road for any period of time while fixing it. And if you are removing the entire dash frame, it may be easier with the windshield removed that you may be removing to fix the rust around anyway. Just my 2 cents, for what they're worth.....

Yeh take care of rust first. Get it running and enjoy driving it while you do upgrades as you go. That's what I've been doing for 10 years. Still needs bumpers A/C and other numerous stuff but I drive it every day

I would take care of the rust around the front and rear glass before putting an interior in it. If you have to remove the glass to address the rust, you wont be taking the car apart and off the road for any period of time while fixing it. And if you are removing the entire dash frame, it may be easier with the windshield removed that you may be removing to fix the rust around anyway. Just my 2 cents, for what they're worth.....
That is true. The glass will have to be removed. May have to buy replacement pieces for the rear window Chanel and the trunk seal lip.

Yeh take care of rust first. Get it running and enjoy driving it while you do upgrades as you go. That's what I've been doing for 10 years. Still needs bumpers A/C and other numerous stuff but I drive it every day
Yeah. I don't want the car to sit while I try to make it "perfect".

-
Back