Planning on smoking a couple pork butts/ribs tonight before the storm.

-
Got a big wild turkey sitting in brine right now and a 5 gallon bucket of fresh cherry and hickory chips all ready for Saturday

Oh man, nothing like smoked wild turkey. I catch Rainbow Trout in the summer and I smoke those too.

FA9FC24C-7FDF-4736-8F48-51A69FB1CBFC.jpeg

Oh man, nothing like smoked wild turkey. I catch Rainbow Trout in the summer and I smoke those too.
Yup. Wild turkeys were made to be smoked. So much better on the smoker then a Butterball type. I do alot of trout too. That's about the only way I like trout. I do all the heavy equipment maintenance at a sawmill, so I get lots of fresh hickory,and cherry wood

Yup. Wild turkeys were made to be smoked. So much better on the smoker then a Butterball type. I do alot of trout too. That's about the only way I like trout. I do all the heavy equipment maintenance at a sawmill, so I get lots of fresh hickory,and cherry wood

Old thread here but Turkey season is coming up. How do you smoke yours?

upload_2022-3-18_19-50-28.png

:lol: Don't listen to ole Cletus there, he's notoriously uncreative :lol:
If it don't fall through the grill, it can be cooked on a wood pit/smoker.
There are many ways to make them holes in the grill smaller too :D

THANKS guys. It's 11:24 PM here, and now I am hungry> I'm gonna have to get up and get a snack. We have a recipe for some spicy pretzels very similar to what @toolmanmike mentioned above. We have a pellet smoker but have never tried smoking the pretzels. I'm going to make a batch tomorrow and smoke them on Sunday. I'll post the Spicy Pretzel recipe too. People always rave about them.

-
Back