Plans for the 2008 Car Season!

-

bthieson

Reaction score
A lot of you have had your cars packed away for the winter, but the season is almost upon us(for some it never left...lucky you!).

What are your big plans for your ride this year? Are you going to throw in the big block you've been waiting to put in? Are you going to drag it for the first time? What do you have planned for your ride?

There is definately a plan to trailer my car to the local drag strip and see what it will do with the pedal to the metal.
Also I have entered 3 local car shows, gives me the chance to show what I've done and see what everyone else is doing.
And last of all just get a little cruise time in (if I can afford the gas)!!
How bout the rest of you?

Will be swapping out the 3:91's and suregrip for the 4:30's with spool this week,then heading to the track too kick some more arse on big blocks:-D:-D

Planning on first getting my duster soon enough. The tail panel needs to be fixed (it appears that someone someone tried to get into the trunk and pried the lock open), fix a rot spot, paint it, put a new rear in it, get some rims, fix the dash, maybe start fixing the 6 cylinder a bit :). A lot is planned for me this year! I gotta get a summer job so I can start buying some things.

Got the car ready. Just have to replace the trans in the truck
to pull it with. To go racing, that is.
Put new covers on the front seats. Went through the trans in
the Duster, and ready to put the new master cylinder in the
Duster, also.
As far as shows go. I am only going to hit a couple big shows
this year. I will be going to the Car Craft Nats in july.
I will hit the Iola old car show in central Wi. But as far as
the small car shows. I will drive to a few, but wont enter.
I hate them any more. To many stupid people running them and
going to them and putting cars in the wrong class.
I really want to hit the strip as much as I car. Sooo Much
more fun.

My plan is to get my car back together and driveable, after its accident in October! I'm getting there slowly....

smash_09.jpg

IMG_0042.JPG

This year I plan on:

My Duster: Getting and installing a 4-speed manual.
Doing body work.
Installing a new vinyl top.
Replacing the shocks and springs.
Getting hood scoops.
Paint.
Stripes.
Installing the '60's vintage Grant wood wheel from my Dad's Olds 442 that he had when my parents got married.

I'd also like to buy a '70-'72 Buick Skylark, and turn it into a GSX clone with a modern 6-speed and suspension.

Whoa, looks like a busy season for everyone! Ahh..the glories of being a Mopar owner!

I'm getting my car into the shop after the May long weekend for the following:
New 8 3/4 rear with 3.91 gears
S/S leafs
Rear Shocks
Finally swap over to the big bolt pattern so I can put my new rims on
Frame connectors

First I still have to get my car out of storage, seems like that will be forever. put bigger torsion bars in, fix my speedometer, I was also thinking of putting in the metal braided hoses on. I have an 8 1/4 axle to paint and install. Replace the hoses from the fuel pump to the carb with metal lines.The Mopars in the park show is May 31 and June 1st. and misc. shows and cruises.

-
Back