Plastic drain petcock on radiator help!

-

JDMopar

Reaction score
Well....like a dumbass, I messed up the plastic drain petcock on the radiator of my 04 Dodge 2500 diesel truck. It just spins and clicks. Anybody know how to remove the old one without messing up the radiator? The new water pump and serpentine belt took 30 minutes to replace, and this dang drain is kickin my butt. You can buy a new petcock at NAPA, but I can't find anything on YouTube about it other than one Russian dude. He got his out...but didn't say how! Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. I just don't want to drag a chunk of the surrounding plastic with it! From pictures of a new one, it looks like a 2 piece deal. Do both pieces come out?

The plug should be one peice, it's sort of a 1/4 turn design with a "tip" on the end that acts like a retainer if I remember correctly

Issue resolved, thanks to your help! I went out to the garage this morning, and popped the petcock out with pliers and a small flat screwdriver. It wasn't broken, just got spun in the seat in the radiator. I cleaned it, and put it back in at the correct position and it sealed right up. I didn't even have to spend the $4 on a new one! Thanks again.:)

-
Back