Plastidip

-

Mopar-Man

Big Block Better Burnout
Reaction score
Would like to see your Plastidip work. Have you done stripes or graphics with it? How did you apply it and would you do it again?

I used it on the OER spoiler on my Duster to give it a textured, matte finish. Works well, just used the aerosol cans they sell. Haven't tried peeling it off or anything though. I'll probably use it on the rear spoiler I have for my Duster as well, and possibly on a set of wheels. Seems like it holds up well. Obviously not permanent, but that's actually kind of nice for wheels. Try some different looks. I have not done stripes or graphics with it, but that's a pretty good idea. If nothing else it would be good to see what a set of stripes would look like on a car. Leave it on for a month and see if you actually like it or not before doing something like vinyl stripes.

IMG_2059_zpsgwedlaiu.jpg

I just bought some a couple of weeks ago and am planning to try it out on a few different things... if this thread stays alive, I'll get back to ya

I just bought some a couple of weeks ago and am planning to try it out on a few different things... if this thread stays alive, I'll get back to ya
Do that, interested. My son just did the chrome around the windows on his 300 Chrysler. looks perfect.

I used it on the OER spoiler on my Duster to give it a textured, matte finish. Works well, just used the aerosol cans they sell. Haven't tried peeling it off or anything though. I'll probably use it on the rear spoiler I have for my Duster as well, and possibly on a set of wheels. Seems like it holds up well. Obviously not permanent, but that's actually kind of nice for wheels. Try some different looks. I have not done stripes or graphics with it, but that's a pretty good idea. If nothing else it would be good to see what a set of stripes would look like on a car. Leave it on for a month and see if you actually like it or not before doing something like vinyl stripes.

IMG_2059_zpsgwedlaiu.jpg

That a camaro spoiler?

Whenever I get my lazy *** in gear I'm building a battery hold down bar. And by building I mean cutting a piece of steel stock to length. Then I'm gunna coat it with this:
6535a368-9f0c-4959-9b30-2340e858de3d_300.jpg

Cause. You know. Bare steel conducts electricity. Rubber coating should help with that.

That a camaro spoiler?

Whenever I get my lazy *** in gear I'm building a battery hold down bar. And by building I mean cutting a piece of steel stock to length. Then I'm gunna coat it with this:
6535a368-9f0c-4959-9b30-2340e858de3d_300.jpg

Cause. You know. Bare steel conducts electricity. Rubber coating should help with that.

Yup, '67 Camaro spoiler. Fits pretty well for being from the wrong car. And it's hard to beat for $30. :D

I think Plastidip is great as a "temporary" solution, like if you want to test to see how something would look without going through all the effort or cost of actually painting or powder coating something. I say temporary because while it holds up "decently", after a while it starts to look cruddy, especially on the front of a car or on wheels where the piece(s) take a lot of FOD.

My friends whole truck was plastidipped black and while it looked good for a year, after that first year it started looking a bit ratty.

I recently plastidipped the grille on my truck because I didn't want to go through the process of stripping the chrome off of it before I saw if I liked my idea.

5080F287-61D0-4A13-9676-D5ED3AC901A1_zps0ot3xufl.jpg

-
Back