played with my timing ...help!

-

Demon_Dan

Reaction score
disconnected the vacuum advance on the MP distributor and capped off the vacuum port ..played with the timing and now at higher RPM i get like .. pop pop pop vroooommm pop pop pop backfires out of the exhaust ...what did i do wrong..thanks!

Check all your plug wires, especially at the distributor which you just turned to set your timing also the wires and connector to the distributor that it ain't shorting out. Also, whats your initial timing at idle (800 rpm) with the vacuum disconnected.

Terry

holy crap i never thought of that... too late to check it now ..ill let you know how it turns out, thanks!

honestly for my own good i need to stop working on my own car LOL ...every time i touch something i break something else

ya know ..i never checked ...sorry folks im really kind of making my way through this stuff in the dark .everything ive done ive learned from this site so far ..so im not sure what stuff to look at. Should i just wait and put the MSD mechanical advance setup in with the 6A box and start fresh? ive already set the springs to one light blue and one light silver as well as the 18 degrees total advance stop bushing

-
Back