Please help fix these hose problems?

-
The way these reman companies mass produce these junk rebuilt master cylinders, it's no surprise if you get a disc MC in the place of a drum. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if some of these companies didn't just merge them into one part number.
Bruce told me, if you try and walk into Advance and ask for a drum brake MC, they give you the disc one and vice versa. So you need to ask for the opposite one, just how it is at advanced auto and in their system. This is if I remember correctly, which I am 99% sure I am

I looked at my '71 and realized that the vacuum for the distributor advance is usually supposed to be run through a Temperature Vacuum Switch on the front of the intake. It does that so that the engine doesn't get full timing advance until it warms up.

Bypass that temperature valve; it's reducing your fuel economy and driveability. Run directly from ported vacuum to distributor with no stops in between.

So, I routed that hose to the carb from the vacuum advance and now my car wont run for longer than 30 seconds without shutting off.

If you run across one on eBay, a factory service manual is almost the Bible for these cars. I have one for my '75 and it illustrates every hose in detail and a '75 has MANY more than a '72.

I actually own 2 of these for my 72 dart, the 1 I bought & the 1 that came with the car that was found after I purchased the car, both exactly the same. What section would the vacuums be under? I've looked high & low through those manuals & haven't found any diagrams surprisingly.

Great pictures & advice. I'm glad mine doesn't have a 12" bolt w wingnut plugging a line. yet...

So, I routed that hose to the carb from the vacuum advance and now my car wont run for longer than 30 seconds without shutting off.

You need to do the whole job of putting the underhood connections back the way they're supposed to be.

-
Back