Please help me make these fit!!!

-

Dorian

dorian
Reaction score
Is there any way can get these to fit my 68 Barracuda coupe with a 440/4speed with a lakewood bellhousing?
A friend said he would GIVE these to me FREE! But there is no sense taking them if they won't fit.

It has a stock front suspension and body. I will be converting the front drums to 73 Dart discs.

Thanks

Gary

Super Comp Adjustable Race Headers
1962-65 Coronet/Belvedere 383-426 Wedge&1967-74 ('70-'74 'Cuda) Charger,Challenger,Coronet,Road Runner, GTX, and Belvedere 440
Tube Size: 2-1/8" x 38" to 46"
Collector: 3-1/2"
Finish: Metallic ceramic
520-5320-1

http://

If I'm reading things correctly these are for a 70-74 (E Body) Cuda, right? E Bodies had the same cowl/firewall setup as a B Body, which is everything else that is listed. Don't think they'll work on your A body.

Is there any way can get these to fit my 68 Barracuda coupe with a 440/4speed with a lakewood bellhousing?
A friend said he would GIVE these to me FREE! But there is no sense taking them if they won't fit.

It has a stock front suspension and body. I will be converting the front drums to 73 Dart discs.

Thanks

Gary

Super Comp Adjustable Race Headers
1962-65 Coronet/Belvedere 383-426 Wedge&1967-74 ('70-'74 'Cuda) Charger,Challenger,Coronet,Road Runner, GTX, and Belvedere 440
Tube Size: 2-1/8" x 38" to 46"
Collector: 3-1/2"
Finish: Metallic ceramic
520-5320-1

http://

He told me they are for an a-body and that they are not fenderwell. He said they were Hooker Super comp( or something like that) and that they were 2 1/8 inch tubes. These are the closest thing I can find for a match. I don't have an exact part number. Are there such headers as he describes, did I miss them in the Jegs catalogue, or is he mistaken?

Thanks,

Gary

i have hooker super comp headers and those look very similiar, i think they'll fit but you might have to cut out your inner fender a little i have pics of mine if you need them

i have hooker super comp headers and those look very similiar, i think they'll fit but you might have to cut out your inner fender a little i have pics of mine if you need them

are they 2 1/8" tubes?
are they under chassis headers for an a-body?
YES pics would be awesome! would it be too much to ask for a part #?

Thanks,

Gary

are they 2 1/8" tubes?
are they under chassis headers for an a-body?
YES pics would be awesome! would it be too much to ask for a part #?

Thanks,

Gary

looking for a part number but heres a pic, i do believe there 2 1/8 cant find the pic i had of them b4 i installed them, and dont mind the fender cut outs P. O. did that hack job it can be done alot neater

mopar 010.jpg

mopar 024.jpg

Thanks for the pics 68Valiant400, I am now stuck with a dilemma, go with the fenderwell 2 1/2" Hookers (price=free). Or go with a set of 2" TTI's I found for 400.00+59.00 shipping and have no cutouts in my fenders.

Are they comparable as far as performance and quality?

Is astetics all I have to worry about?

Opinions please...

Thanks,

Gary

Thanks for the pics 68Valiant400, I am now stuck with a dilemma, go with the fenderwell 2 1/2" Hookers (price=free). Or go with a set of 2" TTI's I found for 400.00+59.00 shipping and have no cutouts in my fenders.

Are they comparable as far as performance and quality?

Is astetics all I have to worry about?

Opinions please...

Thanks,

Gary

my advice DONT go with the tti headers there guaranteed to fit but they dont make power my engine guy has tested them and steered me away big difference in power and nothing sounds better then long tube fenderwell headers! and by the way i'am jealous yours are coated! i guess its all up to if you want car original or is it a custom

I plan on following the Stock or Super/Stock class rules in NHRA so either way is acceptable I believe. I think I am going to take both and my buddy who is helping my build it said he will be looking for a set of headers ( he likes TTI) for his nephews duster. So either way I am covered. Just like to hear what everyone else has to say.

68 Valiant400; do you have any figures to back up the differences?

Thanks,
Gary

I plan on following the Stock or Super/Stock class rules in NHRA so either way is acceptable I believe. I think I am going to take both and my buddy who is helping my build it said he will be looking for a set of headers ( he likes TTI) for his nephews duster. So either way I am covered. Just like to hear what everyone else has to say.

68 Valiant400; do you have any figures to back up the differences?

Thanks,
Gary

i gotta call and find out from my engine guy, he knows the difference from tti headers and fenderwells when he tested them on my 440 bb or mabye i can scan his dyno print out

Well the Hookers turn out to be for an e body. I could make them fit but my Buddy that is helping me in so many ways, ie trading parts like pedal assys, Shumacher motor mounts, front brake upgrades, intake manifold, and possibly body work down the road. Plus the free use of his very extensive shop with hoists etc just bought the 70 Barracuda that the Hookers came out of so I graciously gave back the Hookers and am sticking with the TTI's. A small sacrifice for all the help I am getting to finish my car! Everyone will be happy and I will definately be cruising and racing this year! Not to mention my buddy has 2 1968 383 motors that I can use when I build my car for the F/Stock class!

It all works out in the end!!

-
Back