Please pray for Stubby

-
Sorry to hear about your kitty. I lost my cat Fiona this past October.
I still miss her!

Very sorry to here that, they absolutely become family and hurts just as bad when they are gone....

16 is not a terrible run.

At least you have the opportunity to give some extra love.

The last two we lost, I could kind of see coming, and at least I know that while I could, I did give them extra love.

...and he knows he is loved. That's important, too.

Well, Stubby is still hangin in. He had stopped eating and drinking altogether a few days back. Now he is drinking the occasional water treat. I don't really see how he's still alive. We keep hoping he will start eating again......and he does take a bite or two every now and then. There's just no way he can last much longer unless he starts eating again.

Well, Stubby is still hangin in. He had stopped eating and drinking altogether a few days back. Now he is drinking the occasional water treat. I don't really see how he's still alive. We keep hoping he will start eating again......and he does take a bite or two every now and then. There's just no way he can last much longer unless he starts eating again.
Dillon caught something as a kitten....I really felt it was distemper...thick, gummy snot coming out of his nose, his eyes glued shut, trouble breathing. He wouldn't/couldn't eat. I fed him with an eyedropper, forcing milk, broth and food into him, like it or not, for several weeks. That was 17 years ago.
We have been buds ever since.
Do what you gotta do.

We have been force feeding him. He has gotten to the point that he fights so hard he is going to hurt himself. We are just letting him be at this point.

Sorry to hear that Rob. When it's time, there's not much that we can do, but to make them feel loved and give them a good send off. Hopefully he's not suffering.

They bring so much happiness and joy to us during their lifetime, you wouldn't trade that for anything. Better to have loved and lost, than not to have loved at all....

Please pray for my cat, Stubby. The vet has done all they can do for him. Barring a miracle, he will be gone soon. He has been my bestest friend for 16 years. He is getting weaker every day.
Rusty....this is for you:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Rob, Give Stubby slightly warmed chicken broth instead of water if he'll drink fluids. It's better than water if he's not eating and may help :prayer:

Nicely put there SS,..Prayers for Stubby from alla us here in Hadlyme,...

Lost 2 of my besties last fall, Charlie was my fav cat ever, made it to 18, raised em from 4 weeks,...And I did cry,.....Ollie the rescue dawg just wanted to be petted and ride in the truck,...they are both out by the stone wall with Zip and Tony now,....

Went out there a week or so ago with Abby the orange fluffbucket and Jax, the new rescue kitty,...I know Abby misses her dogbud,....now they hang out there constantly chasin leaves and bugs and I think the other's spirits,...kinda weird, but I'm pretty sure Its all good... thinkin about putting a catnip plant out there...Charlie and Tony loved that stuff...

Thank you. That is actually uplifting right now.

Rusty....this is for you:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

I feel your pain Rusty. We lost Jason at 20 years old, hurt like hell. But his sister is still with us, pushing 21. She went through a bout like Stubby once. When all else failed, the doc gave her a shot of steroids. Perked her up like a nitrous shot. A prayer for you and Stubby...

-
Back