Please Rescue!

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
I'm a little overdue, :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jyFrR2VhTo&feature=related"]Westside German Shepherd Rescue of Los Angeles - YouTube[/ame]

And donate too! I always try to donate whenever I can to my local no-kill shelters. Hopefully I will be in a position to rescue a new buddy this year.

I grabbed both my knuckleheads from kill shelters. Neither Maxie nor Merlin would be here if it wern't for you all. ;)

You know I hate you Joe, right?

I know, I shouldn't have opened this thread.

I've been wanting another dog for some time now. I had to put Maxx down at the end of May, and it's just not the same around here. I'm sure that Prince is OK, but ya never know. First losing Maxx, and then the ex split, he must be kinda lonely with just the two of us. Especially when I go off to work. The one day jobs are fine, but when I'm gone for most of the week, it's gotta be hard on him.

If I could just get a job in town, I'd be all over another dog. Where's my fairy godmother when I need her, lol.

One of my Basssets is a rescue, He's such a great dog. Sweetest one Ive ever had. We named him Petey Johnson LOL

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 142
Deb and I just ran across one of the three Orange County GSD rescue last weekend. They had something in the neighborhood of 30 dogs there and another 60+ being fostered. That's a staggering amount for just one rescue group. If we didn't have three attention hounds already, we would've been bringing this one home. http://gsroc.org/available_dogs_detail.asp?ID=2206

I have a friend who works at Westside GSR as a trainer. She's always stopping by my store with different dogs she's working with... If I wasn't so fixated on boxers, I'd be sorely tempted.

You know I hate you Joe, right?

I know, I shouldn't have opened this thread.

I've been wanting another dog for some time now. I had to put Maxx down at the end of May, and it's just not the same around here. I'm sure that Prince is OK, but ya never know. First losing Maxx, and then the ex split, he must be kinda lonely with just the two of us. Especially when I go off to work. The one day jobs are fine, but when I'm gone for most of the week, it's gotta be hard on him.

If I could just get a job in town, I'd be all over another dog. Where's my fairy godmother when I need her, lol.

Sorry to hear about Maxx and the Ex, my condolences... I'll bet Prince could use a new buddy though. :)

One of my Basssets is a rescue, He's such a great dog. Sweetest one Ive ever had. We named him Petey Johnson LOL

Petey Johnson? :cheers::cheers: Cool Basset! Where's his legs though? ;)

Deb and I just ran across one of the three Orange County GSD rescue last weekend. They had something in the neighborhood of 30 dogs there and another 60+ being fostered. That's a staggering amount for just one rescue group. If we didn't have three attention hounds already, we would've been bringing this one home. http://gsroc.org/available_dogs_detail.asp?ID=2206

What a great face on that guy! He looks alot like my old GSD Rocky. Same color and everything.

I have a friend who works at Westside GSR as a trainer. She's always stopping by my store with different dogs she's working with... If I wasn't so fixated on boxers, I'd be sorely tempted.

Heck, you're right there. I bet your friend could walk one right up to your door. :happy1:

You know I've just spent the last couple hours looking at dogs, now, right?

I really can't afford it at this time. Monetarily, or time-wise. But..........

I'm still looking.

Peteys got legs ! one a club foot, but he can still get around just fine !

Attachments

• 154155_105442932861612_100001877180580_40972_3416470_n.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 91
You know I've just spent the last couple hours looking at dogs, now, right?

I really can't afford it at this time. Monetarily, or time-wise. But..........

I'm still looking.

Nobody can, like having a kid. It just happens and you make do. ;)

Now do you hate me? :protest:

The vet says hes not in any pain from it but it does seem a bit weak.

The vet says hes not in any pain from it but it does seem a bit weak.

Well, not really long distance dogs anyway. :) He sure looks happy as heck to be with you all! :cheers: We both know that he couldn't be with a better pack.

Hes a very happy boy. All ways sitting in someones lap getting belly rubs.

Hes a very happy boy. All ways sitting in someones lap getting belly rubs.

Tough life... :supz: Not only is he happy but a very, very lucky pooch that you found it in your heart to overlook his shortcomings and adopt him in. You rock!

Years back I posted a GSD who's ears never stood up so her owners just threw her away because she wasn't "perfect". I called her the "Airplane Dog". :wack:

I use to have a cat with no tail too. People up the street from my mothers have 2 Gray Hounds, Each one is missing a leg. Its amazing how well they get around.

I use to have a cat with no tail too. People up the street from my mothers have 2 Gray Hounds, Each one is missing a leg. Its amazing how well they get around.

I was given the option of taking off Maxie's leg, but I couldn't do it. I know she's in pain now and again but it's still useful to her.

Neither of my mutts are desirable by most standards, but they're my mutts and they at least pretend to like me, lol. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Here's a pic of Merlin in the shelter.... Undernourished, dirty, bowed legs, completley untrained, had to have a rope surgically removed from his neck (debrided), stomach was full of garbage AND he had kennel cough... but, I saw greatness in him. :)

BTW, Maxi was no prize either, lol. She looked great but her owners couldn't handle the attitude....

Attachments

• MerlinShelter_04Nov160131.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 70
You guys are doing great work!

Even my cats agree!!

-
Back