Please school me on exhaust manifolds

-

deanster

Reaction score
I swapped a 360 from a 75 cordoba into my slant 6 75 dart sport using the cordoba manifolds. I took it to a local shop for the exhaust system (friend of a friend) and the mechanic said neither side would work. I will add a holley 600 and maybe a slightly larger cam in the future. What manifolds will work? 273, 318, or ? Thanks in advance...Dean

I don't know the trouble with your existing manifolds.. maybe get a second opinion. 340 ($$) stock cast exhausts have been considered the best production manifolds for performance for years. A couple of years ago Mopar Muscle Magazine did a comparison and the 360 manifolds were nearly as free flowing as the 340's. Suprisingly.. IIRC, stock 318 castings were only a few ponies shy of the 340 & 360 lumps. Some small block truck exhausts are also viable choices. Of course after market tubular headers are made by several companies with a wide range of quality and price. Ebay, Craig'slist and swap meets are good to search too.

Thanks guys. I think my passenger side looks like the same as a-body based on pictures I've seen. My drivers side is different than the 340's that I've seen pictures of. Any help is appreciated...Dean

100_0212.jpg

100_0216.jpg

100_0219.jpg

The one on the pass looks like it should work.
I used a rt side 360 truck manifold on a 72 Swinger a few years ago and an over the counter (73 and up if I remember correctly) 340 rt side exhaust pipe bolted right up to it.
For the driver side its either 340 or... 318(in a pinch).

-
Back