Please Start.

-

gtdart

Reaction score
I got the wifes car running,then it quiet running. I did have points pulled them put in a eletrical. I've got spark, gas is getting to the carb, it rolls over but WON'T FIRE. I've made sure its starting at the number one, also.
The car is 4spd with a small block. Engine is all rebuilt, clucth is rebuilt.
I've got pretty close to selling it, I'm just tired of mess with it. These has been going for about a week. HELP

If you're sure you have fuel and spark, then the only thing missing is compression. Could you have jumped teeth on timing chain? Check timing with a light to see where you are. One other thing, check the ballast resistor.

don

I know this might sound stupid but, You mean a rebuilt engine can jump a tooth/ jump timing.

choke stuck open? what happens when you spray carb clean while trying to start it? 18436572 clockwise? have you put a rag in the #1 plug hole and bumped it around to #1, lined up the marks on the balancer and seen where #1 is pointing?

If you're SURE that you have spark and fuel, all that is missing is compression. The easiest way for that to get messed up is the timing chain. Put the timing light and crank it over. See if the timing has moved. I'd bet money that your problem is spark or fuel, though.

don

-
Back