PLS HELP! - running into issues with /6 to 318 conversion

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
well beyond the many brainless wonders i have done, i am now thoroughly confused.

between trying to assemble the 67's /6 points wiring to the 318 elec ignition, and figuring out how to hook up all the throttle lines and vaccuum hoses, and the trans adjustment, i am lost. also the 67 is a floor shift and the 76 was a column shift so we swapped the bits on the transmission to accommodate this. also swapped the neutral plug i believe.

i have both the 67 and 76 manuals in front of me as well as the edelbrock instructions for the performer carb and manifold i have.

i am sure this is easy stuff but i am confused. no matter what i do with the trans linkage it wont adjust properly. the /6 had a rod that came down from the shofter and that coupled to the tranny. the 76 was a col shifter so it had a diff set up. i tried to swap the stuff from the 67 trans to the 76 but not sure if i have done it right.

also i cant get the gas pedal to have any pressure. it just sits there. last thing is i have what i think is a kick down rod that connects up at the top of the throttle linkage to down on the trans, but i must be missing a grommet or something cos it just falls off.

i know this is all over the map and i apologize. i am obv new to all this so my mopar/auto vocab is terrible.

any boston mass area mopar guys want to help me get this sorted - i'll buy ya beer and food.

vac line from carb to distributor, power brakes,I don't think you can use a /6 throttle cable for an 8, search some of the old threads for some schamatics.I saw one on here not to long ago on electronic ignition,and I think another on voltage regulator.Good luck.BTW I'm going to start my /6 to 8 this winter hopefully mine goes smooth but I don't know it will be my first also.

-
Back