Plug Wires ?

-

venomvpr900

Reaction score
What type of wires you guys running? Anything to look out for? Thinking of going with accel 5000 or 9000 8mm wires just want to see want everyones had good luck with

I am not totally sure, but 95% that MSD stuff is made by Taylor. The last time the rep was in he alluded to it mentioning that Taylor was making another brands wires or them, and the "other brand" sold red and black and was in the ignition market....

MSD is what I use. Taylor makes some nice stuff too and I had their wires on my drag bike. Never had a problem with them.

i've got some summit universal cut-to-fit that i'm really happy with, and only $35 for the set...

Fire core, heard msd has some problems so went with Fire Core

Accel 9000 series. Had taylors on my cuda but they couldn't handle the heat from being close to my fenderwells even with heat tape & boots.

Oldschoolcuda

Decided to go with the taylor ThunderVolt 8.2mm thanks for all the feed back

If you are getting the wires for a small block and you plan to use headers get universal wires with multi angle boots. This way you can route the wires for cylinder number 5 & 7 under the header tube by putting a 90 degree bend on the boot. Routing them between the header tube and head will cook them even with the fiberglass heat shields.

I ohmed out the new wires today. Found they where all 75-100 ohms depending on lenth of the wire. My shortest wire was about 4 time the lenth of the ones they where testing

-
Back