plugs and wires

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
What are you guys running for plugs and wires ? I havent changed mine in years and the car is loading up. I think its actually a leak in the carb but I should still change them anyways. My cars running like crap :tongue3:

Got Taylor wires on the boys Dart. Got them in 1997 for a good price and have been on there since then. Oh and we have never had any trouble with them. Ron

88836750.jpg

I'm running Packard 440 steel core wires (cut to fit-bought a spool of this wire ) and Bosch w7dcx copper core plugs and never have any problems with them( stay away from platinum plugs period)

Thanks guys. I have Acell 8.8s right now. They've held up good. Just time for a fresh set I think.

had MSD wires until first enginecompartment fire changed to ACCEL superstock wires(beacause i had them and didnt have time to buy something else) after that and had another fire wish killed some more wires and right now i am looking for taylor wires after i had a look at my friends newbuilt 496 in a charger and those taylorwires looked realy nice:)

Get a good ohm meter and ohm them out to see if they still show good low resistance. If so probably no reason to change them unless you're like most of us who can't go longer than a month without tinkering. :yawinkle:

I use a custom set of Crane 8.5mm Firewires. They had an online closeout sale a couple of years ago and I picked up the 6 cyl. sets for $10 each. Made a set out of the two for the 340 and had some spares if ever needed. :twisted:

didnt get taylor wires.. a friend where i work said that if i use everything msd you should run msd wires so he helpd me find a place that sold MSD wires for a good price :)

Just installed my rebuild 340
Has a 780 double pumper holley
Still have the duel points stock ignition.
Should i change out to electronic ignition and
how much would this cost.
Would i gain anything by doing this.
Have bought new accel wires.
Also have an older accel high performance coil.

Nology Hotwires. 100,000 watts of spark, lifetime warranty and rwhp to boot.

-
Back