Plymouth Duster 1973 small block wheels

-

Bernald13

Reaction score
I need to know what the Offset measure is for the 1973 Plymouth Duster wheels, 10 inches Rear and 8 inches front in American Racing brand

Are these wheels you already have? Or are you trying to determine the offset you need to get those wheels to fit on your car?

If it's the latter, we're going to need a lot more information. Are those 15x8" and 15x10"? What size tires do you want to run on those? What brakes and bolt pattern does your car have? What rear axle is in the car? Is the suspension stock?

Are these wheels you already have? Or are you trying to determine the offset you need to get those wheels to fit on your car?

If it's the latter, we're going to need a lot more information. Are those 15x8" and 15x10"? What size tires do you want to run on those? What brakes and bolt pattern does your car have? What rear axle is in the car? Is the suspension stock?

Hi,
I still have not bought the wheels, I need to know the displacement. The measurement:
Wheel size 15x8 from 15x10 rear
Bolt pattern 5x4.5
Backapacing 4.25
Breake disc front, Breake drums rear

I think the OP is from the Dominican Republic. There may be a slight language barrier but here goes:

The 10 inch wide wheels are a real tight fit in the rear. They may fit with 4 1/2 inches of backspacing as long as the car sits at stock height or higher.
The 8 inch wide front wheels are going to be more difficult. If the backspacing is too little, the rim may contact the tie rod. Too much and the tire hits the fender while turning.
I'd advise to mount a wheel and measure where you have LOTS of room, then "add"size to the wheel. In other words, if the rim is say 6 inch wide and has 1 1/2" from the tie rod to the wheel, you can probably add 3/4" to that wheel and still have 3/4" clearance. If that same wheel has a tire on it about the same diameter as what you plan to use with the 15" wheel, try turning it full left and full right. Make note the clearance the tire has at the front of the wheel opening and at the rear. Again, if there is plenty of clearance, you can then add size there as well.

I wouldn't run 15x8's on the front. No point. Even if you get the rims to fit the widest tire you'll be able to run would fit on a 15x7. Same in the back. The widest tire you'll be able to run with the stock spring locations is a 275/60/15, and that will fit on a 15x8.

I think the OP is from the Dominican Republic. There may be a slight language barrier but here goes:

The 10 inch wide wheels are a real tight fit in the rear. They may fit with 4 1/2 inches of backspacing as long as the car sits at stock height or higher.
The 8 inch wide front wheels are going to be more difficult. If the backspacing is too little, the rim may contact the tie rod. Too much and the tire hits the fender while turning.
I'd advise to mount a wheel and measure where you have LOTS of room, then "add"size to the wheel. In other words, if the rim is say 6 inch wide and has 1 1/2" from the tie rod to the wheel, you can probably add 3/4" to that wheel and still have 3/4" clearance. If that same wheel has a tire on it about the same diameter as what you plan to use with the 15" wheel, try turning it full left and full right. Make note the clearance the tire has at the front of the wheel opening and at the rear. Again, if there is plenty of clearance, you can then add size there as well.[/QUOTE

I'd advise to mount a wheel and measure where you have LOTS of room, then "add"size to the wheel. In other words, if the rim is say 6 inch wide and has 1 1/2" from the tie rod to the wheel, you can probably add 3/4" to that wheel and still have 3/4" clearance. If that same wheel has a tire on it about the same diameter as what you plan to use with the 15" wheel, try turning it full left and full right. Make note the clearance the tire has at the front of the wheel opening and at the rear. Again, if there is plenty of clearance, you can then add size there as well.

Hi Kern

Are the sizes:

Wheel size 15x8 from 15x10 rear
Bolt pattern 5x4.5
Backapacing 4.25
Breake disc front, Breake drums rear

I think buy Wheels American Racing Vn515 15 X 8 and 15 x 10, what's do you think about is fit with my car

Tks for you help

I think those wheels will fit if the car is lifted up but will probably hit the body when you turn the front wheels.

-
Back