Plz help, finding a brass coupler for steering box pressure line on '67 273

-

ericc

Reaction score
I'll post pics in a second. Help me out here. The pressure line on my '67 'cuda was leaking, so I went and bought a new one, went to put it on, and when I tried to attack it to the steering box, the brass fitting there stripped out. The pressure line I bought came with a brass fitting, but isn't the one on my box. The one on my box has an l-bend in it, and is shaped like a cube (as in, it's a brass cube, with one end connected into the box, and perpendicular to that, is the pressure line end, sticking out of that cube). I can't find this part anywhere, and I'm starting to feel like I may not have the right steering box on the car.

My descriptions sound awful, I'm going to go out there and take a picture, one minute.

Okay, here's the fitting coming out of my box:

IMG_20120601_165651.jpg

and here's the one that came with my pressure hose:

IMG_20120601_165729.jpg

As you can tell from the first image, it's pretty close to the exhaust manifold, according to my chilton manual, both ends of the hose are suppsed to be at least two inches from the exhaust manifold, that end right there is about an inch and a half, and, if I tried to use the coupler that came with my pressure hose... it'd just be laying on the manifold.

-
Back