Poison Dart 528

-
I would like to welcome you to this great site.
Hope to here more from you, So jump on in and enjoy.

It seemed that they didn't give the car enough time or hype. It looks like Barrett Jackson decides what a car is worth and if BJ thinks it's worth more than where the bidding stalls at they'll spend all the time in the world trying to coerce another bid from the crowd. The Poison Dart went real quick and IMO didn't receive the attention it deserved. There wasn't even a mention of it being a SEMA car from a couple years ago.

I saw the car in person at SEMA and it's a good part of the reason I got back into the hobby/sport. I liked nearly everything about that car, except for the air dam up front. Functional or not, IMO it wasn't styled very well.

A custom car isn't going to please everyone... Purists will say it shouldn't have been modified at all, customizers will say that's not how they would have done it. That's why you build a car for yourself, naysayers be damned;)

The car sold for exactly what it was worth, on that day, to that crowd. Don't matter how much is in it, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay. As far as I could tell the last few years nothing at B-J has had a reserve. Personally, I refuse to participate in any auction with a reserve. Auctions are a risk, sometimes you make money, sometimes you don't, that is the way it goes.

TopHat

-
Back