Poison Warning

-
Holy Crap!! Do you know how many times I used brake cleaner to remove oils from sheet metal to weld into various places with my mig welder? Too Many.

I think I'm gonna go get some Simple Green to keep in the garage.

Wow, that is quite a scary story and thank you for posting it.

We've been using brake clean for years for various things and never gave it a second thought about danger like that.

Young and old read this..................This is a must read and heed his warnings :stop:
It just takes one time to do damage to yourself.
Thank you for posting longarm :cheers:

wow thats scary. its a wonder im not dead. ive sprayed that crap on a rag before and wiped gunk off my hands. no wonder my arthritis in my hands is so bad. i think its simple green from now on.thanks for the heads up.

The only experience I've had with brake cleaner is getting it in my eyes and that isn't very fun.

Thanks.

I'm gonna prop a liquid that you get at Home Depot. ZEP Orange Cleaner. comes in gallon for about 14 bucks and works awesome for degreasing and it can be diluted + not as harmful to environment.

I to used to huff the brake cleaner.....man no wonder I'm so silly.

Phosgene is really bad stuff we (The U.S.) actually use it in Chemical Weapons. I have had alot of training on the stuff and seen alot of pics of what it does to your body. You DON"T want to go through it.

Ya I read that on another forum, and that is some wicked stuff. I am guessing that everyone here has done something stupid like that before , and it shows how easy stuff can happen. Even something as easy as welding and burning your eyes. Can't be to careful!
Matt

Man that is HARDCORE...

I only use degreaser an crc mostly.

Whoa! After reading that, I went immediately to pick up my handy can of Brakleen to read the warning label. No mention of phosgene, but a lot of other chemicals I couldn't pronounce. I also use brake cleaner to degrease all my parts. No more...

"One little puff of smoke" is all it took to jack him up bad. Yup, stickin' with the Simple Green...

-
Back