Polishing Lenses

-

eds70dart

Reaction score
Can someone direct me here or give me some ideas. I know in the past there has been some posts on polishing tail-lite lenses, but just can't find them when you want to. I don't want to spend big bucks here on polishing kits, as the car is not a show car but a well restored driver. All these years of time and weather they look shabby and I want to get them looking respectable in the re-chromed bumper. Give me some ideas guys..... Thanks ED

McGuiers (spl?) has a plastic polish, saw them demo it on the plastic headlight covers. Was going to try it on my truck but traded the truck off before I could.

I use a rubbing compound, then go over it with a wax a couple times and they look really nice. I heard the plastic polish stuff works good too. I did this to my 66 Valiant lenses and they look almost new again.

I had a bottle of Turtle Wax Scratch and Swiral remover lying around. So that is what I used on mine. It worked good.

Check a boat store too, they use it on the clear plastic windows. Works good on my headlights.

Any kind of paint cleaner/polish will work, Mag wheel polish also works real good.

They sell something called PlastX or Plast-X that works very well. Check the local Auto Parts store.

I used this stuff on my lenses and was happy with it.

Tom
mixgrill041zc5.jpg

-
Back