Poll: The Wife, or the car???

The Wife or the Car? Which One would you keep?

• Keep the Wife?

Votes: 76 52.1%
  • Keep the Car?

Votes: 70 47.9%

• Total voters
-
Could not have said it better!

Funny how so many bitter men don't look at themself. When you point a finger at someones problems, there are always 3 more pointing back at you. Its all compermise. I'm sure I'm guna get scorched with that comment. But I don't care.
Phil

Not bitter. She cheated. Shes gone. Simple. I got my car and didnt lose anything else except for 50% of my time with my girls. (which she doesnt deserve 50% of her time with them).

-RPM

If you look at the pole, you can see that there are as many guys happy with thier cars as guys happy with thier wives! Thats funny and I doubt that it was all those guys fault that they got screwed. Some have found good women after several attempts sitting on the burners (like me) and are wise to em. Then there are those who haven't been burned yet. Those are the lucky ones, I envy you.

I voted cars....I got my Dart when I was married to first wife, got divorced and 2 years later got married again..The second wife was great and loved the cars...But she let her family control her and that mariage ended 7 years ago....So 15 years later Dart is still with me...

If you look at the pole, you can see that there are as many guys happy with thier cars as guys happy with thier wives! Thats funny and I doubt that it was all those guys fault that they got screwed. Some have found good women after several attempts sitting on the burners (like me) and are wise to em. Then there are those who haven't been burned yet. Those are the lucky ones, I envy you.

yeah but about 50% of the wife votes were voted that way because the wife likes the cars. Thats why I voted wife, and I can tell several others voted for that reason to. Therefor cars may actually be winning...technically

Looks like a horse race with these numbers. Great and interesting thread, I never thought that this would get people so fired up either way, it was just a question that I threw out here to see how everyone would respond.

Keep the Wife? 62 51.24%
Keep the Car? 59 48.76%

I don't think everyone is looking at the meaning of the question the same way so I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the poll numbers being accurate on how everyone is thinking.

Some if not most of you are taking it as you are being forced to choose between your wife and your car by an outsider. In that case I can see how most of you would pick your wife over the car, that would be a no brainer.

Some seem to look at the choice as a medical reason. I can see how you would pick the wife over the car if it was medical, also a no brainer.

Some seem to look at the choice as a financial reason. I could not make that decision without more details because that can be a very gray area and it would depend on a lot of different things.

I also see several members that see the question the way I seen it. It may not be the original meaning of the question but it is the way I seen it, that is your wife says you need to choose between her and the car?

In this case, I can't see how any of you would ever even think of choosing the wife, are you insane? first off and most important, why would you even want to spend the rest of your life with someone that would even think of having you choose or make that kind of decision? I mean really? how satisfied with your life could you really be with someone that is so controlling that she makes you choose between her and a car? or someone that is jealous of a car? Whats next? will you let her tell you what to think or when to go pinch a loaf? A woman that will let a car get in the middle of a marriage isn't in love with you anyway, she just wants to control someone.

As I said earlier though, the exception would be if you went out and took money from a joint account or something without consulting her first, she would have all the reason in the world to have you make that decision then.

they dont make 68 cuda's or 71 demons anymore, But the blondes are being produced by the dozens..... go car!!!!!!!!

I also see several members that see the question the way I seen it. It may not be the original meaning of the question but it is the way I seen it, that is your wife says you need to choose between her and the car?

In this case, I can't see how any of you would ever even think of choosing the wife, are you insane? first off and most important, why would you even want to spend the rest of your life with someone that would even think of having you choose or make that kind of decision? I mean really? how satisfied with your life could you really be with someone that is so controlling that she makes you choose between her and a car? or someone that is jealous of a car? Whats next? will you let her tell you what to think or when to go pinch a loaf? A woman that will let a car get in the middle of a marriage isn't in love with you anyway, she just wants to control someone.

Sometimes that's right and sometimes that's wrong. Right now I know a couple going through this very same problem. Why? Because he spends every living moment in his garage with his cars and spends alot of the money she makes on them constantly lying to his wife about stuff he buys. (BTW: He's disabled so she has supported him for several yrs.) I haven't talked to him in a couple months but last I heard she gave him the ultimatum of choosing. Don't take this as I'm just siding with her. I was friends with him first and went over quite a bit so I saw what was happening. Behavior like his deserves everything he gets IMO.

Sometimes that's right and sometimes that's wrong. Right now I know a couple going through this very same problem. Why? Because he spends every living moment in his garage with his cars and spends alot of the money she makes on them constantly lying to his wife about stuff he buys. (BTW: He's disabled so she has supported him for several yrs.) I haven't talked to him in a couple months but last I heard she gave him the ultimatum of choosing. Don't take this as I'm just siding with her. I was friends with him first and went over quite a bit so I saw what was happening. Behavior like his deserves everything he gets IMO.

I can see that scenario, but there is a lot more going on there than just that car, she should be more worried about the lying than the car. I guess it's like the other versions of the question, need more info before you can make an honest decision.

This also kinda covers it,

the exception would be if you went out and took money from a joint account or something without consulting her first, she would have all the reason in the world to have you make that decision then.

the exception would be if you went out and took money from a joint account or something without consulting her first, she would have all the reason in the world to have you make that decision then.

My ex came home with an unexpected new minvan. Turns out she forged my signature to get it. It was NOT the money or the car itself. It was the total lack of respect. I agree, who wants to spend your life like that?

It can work both ways.

My ex came home with an unexpected new minvan. Turns out she forged my signature to get it. It was NOT the money or the car itself. It was the total lack of respect. I agree, who wants to spend your life like that?

It can work both ways.

A friend of mines wife kind of did that to him, she finally found a way to get him to sign for a new car without him knowing.

He was in a bad accident at work where a lift gate on a delivery truck fell on his head and gave him bad brain damage and for the first 4-5 months after the accident he was in a constant daze and couldn't remember much. I was talking to him on the phone one day about 4-5 months after the accident and he said hold on there's someone here with a new Escape, I proceeded to tell him how his wife took him out 2 weeks after his accident and got him to sign for a new car, needless to say they were divorced 2 months later. That was almost 6 years ago and she's still trying to get ahold of his settlement money which he hasn't even got yet.

I can see that scenario, but there is a lot more going on there than just that car, she should be more worried about the lying than the car. I guess it's like the other versions of the question, need more info before you can make an honest decision.

This also kinda covers it,

I agree. There are alot of scenarios and everything has to be taken into account.

I have one of the most understanding wives that I know of. So many of my buds are hampered with wives that are closed minded, jealous (even of their care and bikes), and very needy or high maintenance. My wife has none of those traits.
I couldn't be happier.
I'd gladly get rid of a car for her, but I've never had to make that choice. In fact, she points out cars to me that I might want to take a look at.

The car would go. The wife is the one that first saw the car, made the deal on the car, and put the car in our garage for me to drive. Shes been a hot rod girl her whole life. Her first car was a 66 Charger. There is always another car out there for you

Looks like a horse race with these numbers. Great and interesting thread, I never thought that this would get people so fired up either way, it was just a question that I threw out here to see how everyone would respond.

Keep the Wife? 62 51.24%
Keep the Car? 59 48.76%

Great Thread!
Me?
#-o :dontknow: ](*,)

I would most definitely keep my wife. She loves my Mopar just as much as I do and would never make me choose. I have a lot of hobbies that were around before her so she knows the deal.

This is so sad, it's pretty much half and half.

Hahahahaha!

But I do really hope that if it came down to a real choice, everyone SHOULD choose the wife in most scenarios.

-
Back