Pollen on/in the Duster

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
So I finally got the Duster out of mothballs the other day. Spent three and 1/2 hours cleaning, clay bar, vacuuming detailing, polishing and went for a cruise. Got up today and took her back out for a short cruise to the parts store and came home. came into the house, went outside and was working on the Work Van and 1 1/2 hrs later my car was COVERED in yellow pollen!!!! Not just the outside of the car but I left the windows open and the inside is also COVERED in yellow pollen. So much for cleaning and detailing.:angry7:

Happens every year. And then we get the sap.

Well it is...
IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

Hahaha. Sitting out for only about 8 hours.

Well its pretty much right under trees and my dad did mow the grass. But the other cars were like that in the same time. Left for school, clean and come home, looked almost sublime haha.

150 pollen count is high.

Last week we had a count of 5,743.

I was driving up the highway and it looked like smog but it was pollen.

There were plumes of it in the lower portions of the cloverleafs and exit ramps. lingering in yellow clouds.
I had to work in a parking lot and the pollen clouds in the air looked like mist from fog in front of my face so I put a respirator on.
We had a pretty soaking rain a couple days ago that knocked alot of it down but it's back in full force.

i think ive heard you can use a swiffer to get it off. also i wouldent write stuff in the dust on my paint.

I took my BlackBird out for ride one night last week on a curvy section of road that I often play on. Came around one of the sweepers and almost lost the front end. I pulled over to check the bike, thinking my front tire was going down.
The tire tread had a light yellow tint to it.
I decided to take it just a bit easier.

The Dart is staying undercover.

i think ive heard you can use a swiffer to get it off. also i wouldent write stuff in the dust on my paint.

Not going to hurt it. Now if it were fresh paint or a really nice paint job, I might re think but its no biggie to pops or me. People do it through mud and dust on cars and write things like "wash me".

-
Back