Poly 318 rebuild progress

-

Dustedu2

Reaction score
Getting closer to completion. Just wanted to show the valve covers. Powder coat to match the intake. Wanted a different look. Ok, here's the spec's -- Cam 264/.450" advertised with [email protected], New Poly solid lifter set
New matching springs, High Performance "Isky" moly pushrods for the Poly cam, "blueprinted" rocker assembly (by Gary Pavlovich) 1.875 intake 1.644 exhaust gasket match intake and exhaust, spitfire headers cast four bbl intake edelbrock 600cfm. Holley Fuel pump. Should be decent street rod. just wanted to show it here, going in vert 65 coronet.
Oh yeah, flat top egge pistons 9.1 CR .030 over

[/attach]

Coronet 032.jpg

Coronet 031.jpg

I just sent this to a buddy of mine with a POLY in his 66 Charger.
Lay out some info would ya?!

Very cool to see a poly being built. Almost nobody does anymore....

Getting closer to completion. Just wanted to show the valve covers. Powder coat to match the intake. Want a different look.

[/attach]

it looks great don't take this wrong i like the valve covers they really look great but for my taste i would have loved to see the stock valve covers done up and on it remember just my taste it looks great

don't mind the feed back. I have the stock valve covers all painted to match the engine. I just like trying different looks. It sure looks like a poly WIDE block though. "-)

Nice motor, I have a almost identical set up in my 66 Fury, just a bit more cam and the Weiand intake. I would much rather have your cast iron 4 bbl intake though, the weiand takes alot off the bottom end. Just out of curiosity, what will you be running for a stall converter and gears?

Nice motor, I have a almost identical set up in my 66 Fury, just a bit more cam and the Weiand intake. I would much rather have your cast iron 4 bbl intake though, the weiand takes alot off the bottom end. Just out of curiosity, what will you be running for a stall converter and gears?

I will have 2500 stall with shift kit and 4:10 rear gears. Cant wait to get it on the street with the top down. :clock: It's going in a B body so look for it on the B body forum. Thanks for the positive comments. :profilel:

-
Back