polybushings.com

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
I used to buy my custom made polyurethane stuff for my turbo mopars from john spiva at polybushings.com

Now hes starting to make stuff for our older mopars. Im all about helping the little guy out Check his site out.

Ive bought a lot of bushings for my older TDs from johnny! I keep his cell number in my phone! Great guy to deal with and fast shipping! Quality products at great prices!

I got poly engine mounts for early A 63-66 and trans mount from him.Will be used on my 64 Dart slant 6 project.

My intentions is not to start an argument but I have a hard time not speaking up.

We have been selling Graphite Impregnated Poly for years (29 years) so there are a few things in his info that I would have to argue.

WRONG #1 You cannot blend anything into Polyurethane.
Not even Graphite!
Nothing like this works because the family of Urethane
plastic does not like impurities.
(the word Polyurethane means blends of different Urethane plastics)

If you do a cross section of any of our Polygraphite Bushings you can clearly see the graphite.

Graphite does not work for a couple reasons. If you put just a little in
the Urethane then the graphite is fully encapsulated by the Urethane
and the Graphite never touches the metal sway bar or a-arm shaft.
If you add a lot, then the Polyurethane falls apart because
it does not stick to the graphite (remember, graphite is a slippery lubricant).
You might as well throw handful of dirt into it.

Secondly we have had no issues with bushings crumpling in 29 years

I am all for the small guy and their business, but I not for miss leading information.

Thanks
James

Thanks for clearing that up.I did question the process but I don't build them so I didn't have all the information.

PST James, Thank you for the information. My Signet has your urethane bushings in it for the past 20 or so years and is holding up very well. At the time, I done the suspension through PST on 3 of my vehicles :)

-
Back