Rubber or Polygraphite

• Rubber

Votes: 36 57.1%
  • Polygraphite

Votes: 27 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
One launch and my red poly bushings flew out the side when the front end came down . I would never use them again. Also the lower control arm bushings don't hold the inner from moving front to back so front end alignment is never the same . Very poor design. Those who say they are good don't have a clue how they are suppose to work.

I use rubber on everything.
Mark all the parts so you can align the
bushings so they are in a neutral position
when reinstalled and don't over torque and
smash/pinch the rubber.

For those of you that are familiar with using and driving a car with a polygraphite suspension, is it worth the extra cost? Would you do it again?
I voted for poly. I have installed and driven both types. It boils down to what I plan to do with the car. For a canyon carver, I prefer poly. (My Demon has poly) For a show/cruise/DD machine, I prefer rubber.

I live in PA and our roads aren't the best. So lots of bumps, cracks and potholes in the roads. I use the car as a daily driver and take it to the drag strip now and then. With the road conditions that I drive on and what I use the car for. Is it worth the extra cost of polygraphite and sacrificing some ride quality?
No. If roads in Western PA haven't improved since I traveled around there, you need all the ride comfort you can get.

I know rubber deteriorates over time, but my Grandfather told me of this stuff that you could put on rubber bushings to keep them from or slow down the deterioration process. So that wouldn't be to difficult to do a couple times a year to keep them in good shape.
Look at it this way. How old is the car? Add that number to 2014. If you put rubber in it will have deteriorated by (total of the add) to the point where you or a FO of the car will be asking the same question you are now.

I think I'm going to try Rubber in the Duster and when I get to the Barracuda I'll try Poly.

I think I'm going to try Rubber in the Duster and when I get to the Barracuda I'll try Poly.

There you go, try it both ways. Ive only used poly on my cars, and the ride really stiffens up. My wagon Im going to try Moog rubber.

-
Back