POLYLOC MOTOR MOUNTS

-
They can keep them bad boys, too.

I love them, was worried that i was going to have to go to a solid mount if i ever trashed one of them, that i have had for probably 10 years now!

They can keep them bad boys, too.
wHY IS THAT ? Somthing besides the price being high ? I have the shumacher poly mounts and they have lasted 6 years now , the old stock mounts used to rip apart every 3 months on my car . for that price I would probably go solids. I bought mine cheap from a shop that nevr used them

The Mopar ones would last 3 months (when you could still get then)
Autozone wouldn't last over the weekend.

Interesting... How much power have you seen these hold up to.............

I haven't. Was just offering a cheaper alternative. Hell, I'll drill my mounts and run a bolt through them before 200 bucks comes outta my wallet for motor mounts.

With the standard one pulling apart like jello. And these are half the price. Would definitely be the go to on the street.:thumbsup:

Hell, I'll drill my mounts and run a bolt through them before 200 bucks comes outta my wallet for motor mounts.

With a drag race only 340 and now a 408 that just got a 4200 rpm stall converter added last year.....I think i'm getting my moneys worth.

I just picked up a pair of new Polylocs. For much less than retail. I'm replacing the Morroso solid mounts I just installed in my Dart. Man I forgot how much vibration they transmit thru the whole car. I didn't mind when I was younger but not on my street cruiser.

Hillbilly unbreakable motor mounts $5.

Buy a stock mount. On the offset bolts, cut one stud off with a sawzall. Drill it out all the way through to the other side. Put a carriage bolt through mount and tack weld the head. You now have an unbreakable motor mount since one bolt goes all the way through.

If you use a nylon lock nut and leave it a little loose, then you still have a rubber mount to damp vibrations.

If you are a really cheap hillbilly like me, you just use the one you have.

Poly mounts are garbage, inherent in the design.
They slide apart.
The two metal sides within the poly that don't touch are vertical, so when the engine torques they slide apart.
Went through a few sets under warranty, built heat shields, chain on engine, etc. They're just designed wrong.

Check them if you got them, because you won't know unless you do.

I knew because my engine pokes through the hood.

Pic is driver's side, nowhere near headers or heat.

20170617_153501.jpg

had my motor out last winter to fix a seal and add a Torque converter. still looked brand new. is yours a stick shift?

Here's mount #2, same side, same result.

Bought the powder coated brackets with rubber mounts and the passenger bracket bent within 23 seconds.

Went back to stock, real steel, brackets, with a bolt drilled through each side and a loose lock nut.

20190531_190004.jpg

I just picked up a pair of new Polylocs. For much less than retail. I'm replacing the Morroso solid mounts I just installed in my Dart. Man I forgot how much vibration they transmit thru the whole car. I didn't mind when I was younger but not on my street cruiser.

Don’t forget...I have dibs on those solid mounts!!! Let me know when you want to be paid and I’ll get it done.

Mine is a 4 speed, but I don't do burnouts or drive like a jackass.

When I pulled mine the mounts didn't budge or move. The engine was slanted to one side, and when installed the mounts looked screwed up, as in pics.

Funny this came up, I just did the bolt together deal on my E body mounts today. Drilled the stock type mounts, tapped the one side, and counter sunk the the other side for use of a flat top bolts. I still have to cut off the excess off, but going to Loctite, or tack weld the bolts in and be done with it.

20200408_211936.jpg

20200408_212003.jpg

Poly mounts are garbage, inherent in the design.
They slide apart.
The two metal sides within the poly that don't touch are vertical, so when the engine torques they slide apart.
Went through a few sets under warranty, built heat shields, chain on engine, etc. They're just designed wrong.

Check them if you got them, because you won't know unless you do.

I knew because my engine pokes through the hood.

Pic is driver's side, nowhere near headers or heat.

View attachment 1715503569
what brand poly locks , or are they all the same ? i've had my shumacher poly locks in fotr 8 years 7with the 340 with 425 tq and 2 with the 426 with 564 tq they still look new . guess I drive like a pussy

Got them directly from Schumacher. Their customer service was very good, replaced them twice, so three sets.
They asked me to build a heat shield, done, two different versions, but also agreed one should not be needed at all, especially on the driver's side.
They wanted a torque strap installed, original bb car so theirs was not an option. I told them I put a chain on it, and the second round I put a bolt right through the driver's side mount. Passenger side still failed.
They would only warranty if I had their headers, I did from the beginning.
Gave up, bought their powder coated brackets with rubber mounts, passenger side bracket bent. I put it in my vise, bent it back with ease, didn't even hurt the powder coat.
I put my original bracket in the vise, couldn't bend it at all.
Installed a new trans mount with the first set of engine mounts, no issues with it.

I did everything possible, mounts failed, engine leaned to passenger side permanently each time, and then their new bracket bent.

I don't drive like a douch, no burnouts, and the reality is I should be able to do burnouts all day every day.

They don't melt, it's not related to heat, they slide apart.

People tell me all the time, they have them, no issues, however when I ask if they actually looked at them they say no.

magnum-poly-loc-mounts-18.gif

How long ago did you buy your last one?
Maybe they have updated them.....
But like i said before, mine would be the old style, if they have been updated, and are still in good shape.

You must have One heck of a Torque Monster BB.

I had the Schumacher poly-locs in my previous Dart. Didn't care for them - they almost felt like solid mounts. Lots of vibration.
In this car, I have stock replacement mounts and a Torque Strap from Schumacher. Can't tell the Torque strap is there. Very happy with this setup...

-
Back