Polymer Racing Products Carb Spacers

-

12many

Reaction score
These have been discussed in the past here or more likely it was on Speed-Talk.

“Dimple Technology”

Thoughts on merits?

PRP Store

624C3E0B-E3D8-481D-B84C-429018483910.jpeg

E177D9A9-C5BD-4309-AA8F-379D4328FB96.jpeg

DC699C46-8BCB-4326-B381-A3401A69EC3F.jpeg

I like the oring too. In my limited testing the dimple never made a difference. The burr finish did. I think if you look around there are some fairly technical papers and videos out there was to why this is.

The dimple is a concave recess in a surface. The burr finish is a random raised sharp edge. IIRC that has something to do with it.

The myth that a moving column of air and fuel responds like a golf ball is just that. A myth.

BTW, how is your burr finish work coming along?

I like the oring too. In my limited testing the dimple never made a difference. The burr finish did. I think if you look around there are some fairly technical papers and videos out there was to why this is.

The dimple is a concave recess in a surface. The burr finish is a random raised sharp edge. IIRC that has something to do with it.

The myth that a moving column of air and fuel responds like a golf ball is just that. A myth.

BTW, how is your burr finish work coming along?
That intake is pretty much done, back in its box on the shelf waiting to shine I hope. when the Victor goes on I will gain at least 1/2” of extra clearance so I’ll have at least 5/8”-3/4” total “room” to experiment with spacers. Another t&t playground I haven’t been able to get involved in. Likely summertime in time for the early fall temp t&t’s. Now it’s time for seeing what my converter change yields.

I’m dropping off a few spacers to get flowed on my super victor this weekend…see if they show any numbers worth noting

Mr Morgan say that if dimples in a port make more power, then the port was two big. Probable apply in this case as well.
But what do I known. Try It and report back.

-
Back