Polyurethane Motor Mount Question

-

roosduster

Colorado Mopar
Reaction score
I have stock spool mounts with rubber inserts in my 73 Duster and the rubber is falling apart. So I was thinking of getting Schumacher Polyurethane Motor Mounts, has anyone used them and have any opinions? Someone told me not to get them because they make everything to rigid but what is to rigid and whats bad about being rigid? They also said not to get the polyurethane transmission mount because it would just cause vibrations. I haven't really looked to see if I could still get rubber mounts but most places I have seen that have them have polyurethane and my thinking is if they were bad they wouldn't make them but since they do, they must not be.

yep used them and they are stiffer but very solid. Maybe just go back stock and add a torque strap if you are having issues with breakage?

I've got the poly-locs from Schumacker on my engine,you can deffinately tell when the motor is running,also running their torque strap.....

The poly bushings transfer a LOT more vibration to the chasis. Stock bench seats or buckets that are well paded help keep the vibration from transfering to you, but you may discover rattles you never had before if you do go to poly. Otherwise I would say if you like piece and quite and as little vibration as possible, go with stock rubber mounts and a torque strap to prevent destroying the drivers mount again. I like the shumacher mounts but it is a love hate relationship, the motor is SOLID but the vibrations can be very annoying.

i have the mounts from schumacher. i like um alot. but they do vibrate your back teeth a bit. but no big deal. just keep your seatbelt tight and hold on is what i tell the passengers when i have them. they help add to the "scary factor". try them out im sure youll like um.

Maybe that's why I have vibration that I can not locate and stop.. I have schumacher motor and transmission mounts and a torgue strap.. MMMMMMMMMMMMM
may have to consider them......good vibrations

Too bad I pulled the tranny, and changed the convertor, replaced my driveshaft, balanced it twice, put on a new harmonic balancer, replaced my ignition system with an FBO( which is great) , and rebalanced the tires....and still have the vibration!

Thanks, anyway!!

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to try them, my rubber mounts are falling apart and I don't think the vibrations will be nothing I can't handle.

hey ken5124, i think you forgot to balance the rotating assembly!!! hope this helps..

-
Back