Pontiac designed a Hemi too

-
....and he drives it! I don't know how regularly, but there's more than one video of him driving it down the road. That's just mega cool.
I think he wants to drive everything in his collection. He tries to have everything in driving condition, or at least on its way to being there.
Years ago, I remember seeing him on the tonight show with some actress bimbo as his guest. She said she saw him driving a jalopy in Hollywood or Burbank, or somewhere around LA. He sputtered and blurted out: "Jalopy?! That's a LeBaron bodied 1936 Packard Super Eight!"
How many were made vs are left?
Not sure. I think there were around 50 made and lent out for real world testing. Most were destroyed. Maybe half dozen left?

Leno drove His enough that He melted down the regenerator/exchanger, last I checked it was still broken down, but a couple of the original engineers volunteered to help make a new one. It is somethin' else, and modern tech & engineers were stumped at reproducing one, so much for 'puters!!!

1704688293081.png

Also, some don't realize it, but Ford offered TWO different Hemi engines during the muscle car era.

Last edited:
Would look great in My '71 Cutlass Supreme...Oh Yeah...

Don't forget the 425 cube Buick Nailhead factory turbo motor. 450 HP and some said 700 LBFt of torque. lol

Don't forget the 425 cube Buick Nailhead factory turbo motor. 450 HP and some said 700 LBFt of torque. lol
Guy in tech school had a big Black Electra 225 Convertible w/the 425 Nailhead, Long Tall Leon,.....Tommy Ivo had 4 of 'em!!!!!
:realcrazy:

Guy in tech school had a big Black Electra 225 Convertible w/the 425 Nailhead, Long Tall Leon,.....Tommy Ivo had 4 of 'em!!!!!
:realcrazy:
A childhood friend I grew up with his dad had a 70 Electra 225 2 door with the 455. It would cook both back tires.

-
Back