Pontiac Help

-

yellow rose

Overnight Sensation
Reaction score
I have a cousin with a 67 Firebird. Yes, I hate the car. He is having an issue with turn signals.

All the lights work and function on their own. The issues is when you turn the turn signals on to the left, the rear turn signal blinks, but both fronts are on and not blinking.

Same with the right side. When you turn on the right side TS, the rear blinks but both fronts are on and not blinking.

What the hell? Sounds like a turn signal switch to me, but I'm 3 hours away and don't want him changing parts out. Would rather fix it correctly.

Any help????

Thanks!!!!

Sounds like the fuse box is cross circuiting. Try pulling all the fuses, inspect the fuse connections and re-installing the fuses. There may be some that are corroded causing cross circuiting. The parking light circuit to the front is getting power from somewhere and it is most likely at the fuse box.

Sounds like the fuse box is cross circuiting. Try pulling all the fuses, inspect the fuse connections and re-installing the fuses. There may be some that are corroded causing cross circuiting. The parking light circuit to the front is getting power from somewhere and it is most likely at the fuse box.

Outstanding. Thanks for the help.

Hey Yellow,try replacing the flasher, let me know,I work (laugh) (retired) for a guy who has 108 cars, mostly chevy and fords, he does have 2 mopars,a 65 belevedere 383 4 speed, and a 69 charger,440 4 speed, but we go through this **** every day with all his cars,pm me if you cannot figure it out and I will talk to my guys at work (laugh):lol::confederateflag::usflag:

Nothing wrong with Pontiac, i started out with a 71 T-37 tempest. was alot of fun..and looked like a GTO well, sorta. My.02. listen to above also check the light sockets, I seen weird things from bad light sockets.

Nothing wrong with Pontiac, i started out with a 71 T-37 tempest. was alot of fun..and looked like a GTO well, sorta. My.02. listen to above also check the light sockets, I seen weird things from bad light sockets.

Yep. The T37 was actually the fastest Poncho at that time.

Do hazards work? at all?In front?
One wire at each front lamp should be pulsating 0-12v,if not wire back to/or TS switch problem.
If do have pulse voltage to lamp sounds like a ground/socket issue...or as said previous tapping 12volt all time
Believe 2 flashers, TS flasher closer to column.

D.

-
Back