pool table question

-

justin hughes

Miss my car
Reaction score
anyone ever put new felt on a pool table or pay someone to do it? what kind of expense could i expect. i believe the bumpers to be alright. just debating on buying it or not.

A buddy had one done about 13 years ago and I watched the guy do it. I think he charged $150 including the felt. It took him about 2 hours to do a 4x8.

thanks, i have been googleing how to replace the felt, looks like its about like installing a vinyl top on a car. i think i can do it, just need to find out where to buy the felt, ive found some cool designs, but no mopar designed felt!

The felt is easy...the bumpers would probably be a pain. I've bought a table at auction one time and it was in pieces. Which is the way you want to move it anyway. So once you get it tore apart....you will see how to put the felt back on. Slate usually comes in 3 pieces. That is the tricky part getting the slate back on and level and no 'edges'. But after you get the slate on then it's just a matter of stretching and stapling...kind of like any upholster type of work.

A lot of the expense is by choice of cloth. If you have a nice table and you want quailty cloth, expect to pay for it. Granada and Samonas are very nice and very fast, if you over stretch that it'll be like playing on linolieum :-D To take my table apart and recloth it takes many hours but I can't recall what I paid, maybe $400 and that was many years ago.

a Friend had his 4 x 8 done with new felt past summer 200 bucks here in southern Oregon, good job fast felt

i figure the fastest felt will have the mopar logo on it, right? seriously, im lucky enough to work with a guy that used to recover tables for the bowling alley where he worked, free labor- maybe just a couple beers and a couple games of pool. im not that serious of a player, and it is a bar table with coin mechs. removed. , so its not that big, not to mention , i have kids. so im thinking just plain old green felt that is normally on these tables will be sufficient.

Justin, that link I gave you is a place that sells lots of different grades of table felt at good prices. Just click on a few of the other tabs to see what they offer.

I'm just jealous you've got a pool table right now and I don't. LOL! :-D

-
Back