Pop out window removal

-

MomsDuster

Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm replacing the entire floor pan in my 71 Duster. I need to remove the rear pop out window to get the new pan in. I am having an issue withe the interior panel not coming out and can't for the life of me get the window out. any help in this matter would be appreciated.

It's been awhile, but: You'll need remove the cardboard interior panel below the window. Then there's a handful of screws to remove. (See photo). There is a u-shaped piece of metal trim along the roof line that covers a pinch weld and the edge of the headliner. 2-3 long screws hold it in place. Don't recall for sure but you may or may not have to remove it to free the tip/end of the metal panel that surrounds the window.

windowgarnish.jpg

To remove the window itself, there are a number of other steps. See my video for details of where the screws are located (starting at about the 50 sec. mark and again at the end). It's not difficult but helps to know where to look.

Not all that helpful, but you can see the trim in question laying out in this pic.

trim.jpg

That did the trick! once i separated the black metal panel from the chrome part of the window frame, the panned came right out and revieled the last frame crew! Thanks!!

-
Back