Pop ups

-

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
@Joeychgo

I've been getting these pop-ups lately, and only on this site and also on FCBO.

Screenshot_20230213-010310.png

I just got one a moment ago after I downloaded a picture from a thread here. I got the one above again, just as I was attempting to make this thread. It was almost immediately followed by one that mentioned Walmart.

I thought I copied the address, but it's no longer in my phone's clipboard. I deleted all the cookies and cache, clean sed out my browser, and all that you always tell people to do. I'd been getting them for a few days, thought I'd see if they showed up elsewhere, but only the two sites mentioned. Thought I'd pass it on to you. I'm on a Google Pixel 6 XL using Chrome. It has been quite a while since the last time I was getting them.

I have gotten the same thing in the past and i downloaded nothing.

I thought I copied the address, but it's no longer in my phone's clipboard. I deleted all the cookies and cache, clean sed out my browser, and all that you always tell people to do. I'd been getting them for a few days, thought I'd see if they showed up elsewhere, but only the two sites mentioned. Thought I'd pass it on to you. I'm on a Google Pixel 6 XL using Chrome. It has been quite a while since the last time I was getting them.

clear browser cache and browser history and cookies -

What type of device are you using? Phone Android or i-phone, Laptop, phone or Desktop computer and what operating system?

What type of web Browser? Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari?

Need to answer these questions to see where the trouble is coming from.

It's another form of spam, not from Verizon phone company.

Try to erase your history and cookies so your computer/browser lets go of the link to you.

Want to keep your browsers security tightened up.

This pic shows Firefox browser on an Android Phone.

Screenshot_20230214-150946_Firefox.jpg

You can click on the little Paddle Lock on the left of the web address to adjust and tighten up your privacy settings.

☆☆☆☆☆

I'm on a Google Pixel 6 XL using Chrome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chrome on windows. Yes did delete everything and came back up fine. I delete everything when browser is closed and went nowhere but this site when opened back up again so came from this forum.

They're back, this time the one I've seen most of the time.

Screenshot_20230704-214947.png

Once again, only on FABO and FCBO. Just started happening the last two or three days. Yes I'll clear all cookies and cache and hope they don't return.

Yep, Google product and Google Chrome (browser).

They go hand in hand, like Canned Spam.

☆☆☆☆☆

Yep, Google product and Google Chrome (browser).

They go hand in hand, like Canned Spam.

☆☆☆☆☆
I've only got these on Joey's sites, not on any other site I've visited anywhere in the internet.

Edit: it just happened instantly after I hit Post Reply.

Google Chrome on phone > Ads:

Screenshot_20230704-235321_Chrome.jpg

Ads by Google ^^^

_____

Firefox on Phone > No Ads:

Screenshot_20230704-235410_Firefox.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

I have been doing pretty good about not having any here but I used to have them incessantly. .
I thought I'd gotten rid of them on moparts but they've come back with a vengeance over there.
The only pop up I want to deal with is the one that's in my backyard that I'm taking camping next week....

Google Chrome on phone > Ads:

Login - and they'll go away. Screenshot shows your not logged in.

I've only got these on Joey's sites, not on any other site I've visited anywhere in the internet.

Clear internet history and cache for that browser. You let your gold membership lapse so you get ads again.

Login - and they'll go away. Screenshot shows your not logged in.

Clear internet history and cache for that browser. You let your gold membership lapse so you get ads again.

Showing the people the problems with the different Browsers, can clearly see which browser is bringing in the ads for the people who are having the ad problems.

I personally don't have the add problems being a Gold member, using an android phone, and desktop and laptop computers that run Firefox web browsers.

No unwanted ads here.

Same here, different types of pages of spam. Only on this site.
Windows 11 desktop with chrome.

-
Back