Por 15 vs. KBS Rust Seal

-
That's good insight and all.....and much appreciated most certainly. But why on earth aren't all these tips included with the product? Might be something to think about.

Space is limited on a can label and the labels are becoming highly regulated by the government. By this summer all manufactures have to have all labels converted to International regulations which specify what can be, what can't be and where it has to be on a label.

Manufactures have instructions and some type of help mechinism on their containers and web sites. I print them out on 8.5 X 11, usually card stock, for my customers. You end up with type large enough to read without a magnifying glass and they don't end up with paint running down the page.

Just like most things in this hobby you want to find a supplier who is knowledgable and who offers the support you need.

Yeah but when an automaker like Ford addresses the problem and starts making trucks out of aluminum, all we can do is ***** about it and talk about what a bad idea it is. Funny had it been Chrysler it would have been most innovative.

I had a chance to talk to the lead body engineer responsible for the new aluminum bodied pickup and see the cut-away at SEMA this past fall. I have to say I was impressed from a restorers perspective. The only welds in the entire body are the cross members under the bed. The frame is three pieces all of which can be removed and replaced. The front, center and rear sections. The entire body can be dis-assembled with a 3/8th inch drill bit. The rivets they use to put it together are the same type that have been tried and performed well in decades of use on semi's. If it's corrosion you're worried about todays coatings solve that. Even Boeing now coats the inside of new aluminum airplane wings with a coating that eliminates corrosion for the life of the plane, it's not expensive and it's easy to work with. I read the articles about retraining body shops and the new equipment they would need and after looking at it, I'm scratching my head wondering what the fuss was all about.

-
Back