Por 15

-

44o gts dart

Reaction score
So I have the entire interior gutted and finally all sandblasted,,just received my POR 15 in the mail today . My plans are to give it 2 coats of silver POR 15, and then epoxy prime it while still tacky. and cover deadened material… sound good or what ??
If not please enlighten me..

Just know up front that POR15 is MESSY as all heck. It WILL GET places that you never dreamed and you'll wonder how in the HECK it got there. Just word to the wise.

So I have the entire interior gutted and finally all sandblasted,,just received my POR 15 in the mail today . My plans are to give it 2 coats of silver POR 15, and then epoxy prime it while still tacky. and cover deadened material… sound good or what ??
If not please enlighten me..
Why silver? I used black and primed it when still tacky. It runs like crazy, so the brush marks disappear. Like RRR said, it will go where you don’t expect, but I think this is a good thing.

Why silver? I used black and primed it when still tacky. It runs like crazy, so the brush marks disappear. Like RRR said, it will go where you don’t expect, but I think this is a good thing.
Not when the wife says "what's that black stuff on your butt?"

Id spray the por15. You'll have that stuff running into your armpits with a brush.

Just know up front that POR15 is MESSY as all heck. It WILL GET places that you never dreamed and you'll wonder how in the HECK it got there. Just word to the wise.
Id spray the por15. You'll have that stuff running into your armpits with a brush.
Oh,, well I am doing this to the interior floorboards, so it will be fairly clean . I think

Oh,, well I am doing this to the interior floorboards, so it will be fairly clean . I think
Yeah, that's gonna be your little secret. LOL Keep us updated man. We like progress pictures. I used industrial oil based Rustoleum on the inside of the pans on Vixen. I brushed it on and it went on THICK. I probably should have thinned it. It took about two weeks to dry, but man is that stuff EVER on there. lol

The stuff is VERY thin. I did my kframe(and more) with POR15, and my k took literally 2 tablespoons to do inside and out.
Try not to get any into grooves in the can where lid goes. Pour out what u think u need and seal the can up ASAP.
Saran wrap between lid and can and turn upside down to minimize exposure to air.

The stuff is VERY thin. I did my kframe(and more) with POR15, and my k took literally 2 tablespoons to do inside and out.
Try not to get any into grooves in the can where lid goes. Pour out what u think u need and seal the can up ASAP.
Saran wrap between lid and can and turn upside down to minimize exposure to air.
Ditto this. I now transfer mine to Mason jars. Works great.

-
Back